Medigap

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Does anyone carry Medigap and/or have any references to any possible applications in the DR?

We carry AARP/United HealthCare, plans C [me, because I'm under 65] & F [Mr. AE]. The only possible application in the DR is that they say they will cover emergency medical care in foreign countries, limited to the first 90 days you are there. You have to pay and then submit a claim. If it's the 91st day, no coverage. We've never had to use it, so I don't know the procedure or if they actually do pay anything.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You must call yourself, or have someone else call if you are not able to make the call, within 24 to 48 hours, depending on your insurer,and inform your "Plan" in the USA that you have been hospitalized.
No "Call", No Coverage!
I've talk to Americans here who have called, no problem, and Americans who didn't call, no coverage!
I STRONLY suggest you have a long talk with your service provider to make sure you are on the same page, and ask them to send you thier policies requirements in writting!
They might not "Remember Your Call", if there are any problems later.
Be Well!
ESPECIALLY here in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Also they will want all the paperwork (receipts) to be printed in american English. There is no way I could get a receipt like that from the clinic I went to so I submitted a claim with my own hand written translation. I'm waiting for the result and will post it. It didn't add up to much so I'm not holding my breath. Oh yeah, Blue Cross Blue Shield.