Any chance to get a job if you are not a resident?

Claudimel

Apr 14, 2013
Hello everybody!! I've reed in different forums that now with the new immigration law is almost impossible to get a job if you are not a Dominican. Is that true? I'm getting to Punta Cana in 10 days with the idea to stay there if I find something but now I'm a bit worried. Maybe someone of you knows more abut... thank you!!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
If you are not a legal resident then you can't legally work. Ask most illegal Hatians, they work but have little orno rights

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know people employed in major positions in Hotels without Residency. Yes, the hotel will get it for them in the future, but they are working and getting paid.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
More and more companies are reluctant to employ illegal foreigners. I started working at my first job since coming back without my residence, but had to show to RH I was in the process. I got my residence when I was already on my way out. First time I came here my employer took care of a work visa for the first year. After that I had to take care of it myself, which I didn't, but they couldn't care less. But that was in 2001.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
You can work with your Passport..Call centers would eat you up speaking English, check the paper at your location or PM me, know a few..or what about work at home? PM me..

Anthony

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I know people employed in major positions in Hotels without Residency. Yes, the hotel will get it for them in the future, but they are working and getting paid.

I think the only thing a hotel who employs illegal workers will get is a hefty fine!

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Who wants to work "here" for a ridiculous pay ???
NOT me....
Better work off the Internet and get paid in CDN or US $$$....
Don't even have to get dressed...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
NOT me....

I work for a foreign company from my house, but I must say that the part of not even have to get dressed is what less attracts me of it. Now and then I don't have to visit any clients and could just get behind the computer out of my bed, but it feels so useless. I prefer to get up on time, get dressed, write some emails before its 9 o'clock, do some errands if necessary and make it a 'real' working day. I need it to stay motivated.

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
I work for a foreign company from my house, but I must say that the part of not even have to get dressed is what less attracts me of it. Now and then I don't have to visit any clients and could just get behind the computer out of my bed, but it feels so useless. I prefer to get up on time, get dressed, write some emails before its 9 o'clock, do some errands if necessary and make it a 'real' working day. I need it to stay motivated.

What company? Is it competitive pay?

Sent from my Droid DNA on 4.3!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mauricio, We "Dutchmen" are cursed with an overpowering "Work Ethic"!
For me it makes watching Dominicans waste all their time a bore.
Also being an Illinois farm boy, it's, "Early To Bed, Early To Rise, Makes a Man, Healthy, Wealthy, and WISE!!
Just LOOK At ME!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Almost time for bed!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Mauricio, We "Dutchmen" are cursed with an overpowering "Work Ethic"!
For me it makes watching Dominicans waste all their time a bore.
Also being an Illinois farm boy, it's, "Early To Bed, Early To Rise, Makes a Man, Healthy, Wealthy, and WISE!!
Just LOOK At ME!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Almost time for bed!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Let me tell you it's true. I feel guilty if I have been relaxing an afternoon and start worrying about my sales, even if I had an excellent sales week.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
The only place I know who will employ without residency these days are Stream. None of the other reputable call centres will hire these days without residency. Even with Stream you must prove you are in the process of application.

You will find ads all over newspapers for inadequate centres who will employ you, not offer any insurance, and sack you right before pay day and leave you with no rights to claim anything from them, these places are usually set up and broken down over 6 months and then move on to another location under another name to use abuse and abandon innocent people. You can usually spot them a mile off by the email address, or the casual and brief way the ad is written out.

If you end up in Bavaro area your best bet is to head to Steve's and ask for GED, he might be able to hook you up in PR for the season on a cash basis as long as you are not too ugly and can speak without grunting. Even if he can't if you are good enough at making yourself noticed in a good way, someone will hopefully help you out. No point in going through work permits, visas or whatever for the sakes of a dead end job.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
NOT me....

I think many people prefer a social working existence to a hermit styled Caribbean existence. I have done both and working from home made 4 times what I made when having to step out of the front door and meet people, but I'll tell you hands down I preferred the low salary social existance.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
NOT me....

I think many people prefer a social working existence to a hermit styled Caribbean existence. I have done both and working from home made 4 times what I made when having to step out of the front door and meet people, but I'll tell you hands down I preferred the low salary social existance.

Getting up, going to the breakfast table and sitting picking your nose all day is not even living IMO, and mainly an option for those who have no other option, or physically can't leave the house.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
What company? Is it competitive pay?

Don't get me wrong, to make a living I actually work from my house but it's 90% outside the house, visiting clients (which in SD means two or three visits and the day is over). When I say I work from house I mean I don't go to an office and don't have 9-5 working hours. I'm in fact representing the company I work for, pay is well if sales are good (100% commission based) and as long as I'm here we're not hiring...:p.

I would say the best option to independently make a living without really starting a company is representing a foreign company in this country, but it's not relaxing, you have to be willing to work.

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
Don't get me wrong, to make a living I actually work from my house but it's 90% outside the house, visiting clients (which in SD means two or three visits and the day is over). When I say I work from house I mean I don't go to an office and don't have 9-5 working hours. I'm in fact representing the company I work for, pay is well if sales are good (100% commission based) and as long as I'm here we're not hiring...:p.

I would say the best option to independently make a living without really starting a company is representing a foreign company in this country, but it's not relaxing, you have to be willing to work.

How did you go about representing the company? Did you have contacts in the foreign country?

El Hason

Nov 7, 2013
How did you go about representing the company? Did you have contacts in the foreign country?

Lol sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get a better understanding of how i might be able to start my life there.

Again sorry if it seems like too many questions.

Is he with the NSA???