Cheap/small hotels in Punta Cana

T

Theresa

Does anyone know of any small and inexpensive hotels in the Punta Cana area? Not looking to stay at a big resort. Last time there, I saw a few small hotels outside of the H-10 Bavarro resort but not having any luck finding names.

G

Gerd

Try "La Casita", Playa Cortesito, next to Restaurant Capitan Cook.
Tel. 552-0780
They have 5 rooms and you stumble right out of the house into the water...

M

Marc

We must have stayed just across the road from the place you mentioned, we were in the Cortesito Inn. Sorry Theresa, no phone number for you though! Nice little hotel, pool...

marc

M

mike

"The complete List"

Hotel Cayacoa: US$25.00 per night, in the center of Bavaro but not close to the beach. A/C, cable TV. Tel: 809-552-0624.

Cortecito Inn: US$50.00 to 100.00 depending on kind of room. A/C, Cable TV and right on the beach. E-Mail: cortecito@camadosa.com, Tel: 809-552-0640 or 552-0641.

La Posada de Piedra: No A/C, Prices negotiable and on the beach.
Tel: 809-221-0754, E-Mail: fages.jose@codetel.net.do

La Casita: US$20.00 to 40.00, no A/C but right on the beach.
Tel: 809-844-1565 or 552-0780, E-Mail: LaCasita@camadosa.com

D

Doug

Re: "The complete List"

Is This a COMplete list of all hotels in pnta cana?

J

Justin

Re: Hotel Naragua...

About a quarter mile north of Catalonia Resort. 5-10 minute walk to beach. $30-$40/night. Very clean! Phone: 1-809-688-4060

M

mike

Inexpensive Hotels

Well, Theresa was asking for cheap hotels.

J

Justin

Re: Inexpensive Hotels

Nothing is cheap in Punta Cana. I would say anything less than US$50/night is pretty reasonable in a tourist area.

J

Justin

About a year and a half old...

It's just a small place about a half mile down the road from Catalonia. Maldy's restaurant was in it until June, but they moved to Plaza Bavaro, and now the hotel owners run the restaurant too.

E

Eric & Sarah

Would love to move here

Does anyone know what the process is to move to the Domincan and if so how hard is it to find work there?

C

criss colon

Re: Would love to move here

Get on a plane,you live here!Finding a job,what kind of "lifestyle" do you want? Criis

E

Eric & Sarah

That is just what we want to do but will we be able to do it, I have heard it is hard to get a job if you not a resident we do have about 8,000 saved up to get us by for awhile but with DR give us a hare time about staying and getting living and working permits?

C

criss colon

What working permits? Not needed by anyone I ever met or heard of. That,s what we love about this place,no rules! Take good care of your money, trust only each other,if something seems to be "to good of a deal" it,s a scam.Enjoy being young and in love on a romantic island, but use all your "common sense> Criss

E

Eric & Sarah

So if my girlfreind and I have about 8,000 us dollars and two good heads on our shoulders we should be able to find an apt and work down the road and the goverment there won't kick us out if we would like to stay for a year or two?

C

criss colon

No way! Just take care of your money. Don,t let people try to make you pay for the "free" stuff. Remember it is not cheap to live here. If you want lights, water, air-conditioning,it costs money.You will soon know if your relationship is real or not,after living 4 days with no electricity,or water! Good Luck,it,s always fun to try! Criss

E

Eric & Sarah

Will it be hard to find work and how expensive is expensive, will we be able to find a small safe place somewhere near the beach?

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

With $8000 you will not even be able to get into a boat to leave this island for Puerto Rico.