Merry xmas! :)

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
or am i too early?

a couple of people in my street already have decorated their homes with xmas lights.

when are you going to or have you already done it?

you're going to let the whole outside of you house shine bright like a diamond or you just keep it to the inside?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Geez! I'm just starting to get my Thanksgiving shopping list ready. I haven't given the Christmas holiday a thought, yet.:)

I begin to decorate the weekend right after Thanksgiving.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
My 2 pennies: If you have to do the work to put them up and then, what's worse, taking them back down, might as well do it early. This way you enjoy them a bit longer before the fact (as compared to the after-the-fact phenomenon of keeping decorations up into Easter - no enjoyment there). Merry Christmas, oh yeah, and a Happy Thanksgiving too.

I plan on having mine up to enjoy for Thanksgiving.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
It used to be Thanksgiving weekend for us but now it looks like November 1 is the day to pull out that tree from closet. We had lost our decoration when we did the move so I better not forget about heavy discount on decorations after Christmas, if we go back to state this year.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
My tree is up and decorated!!!! Since mid october, cos my wife thought it was mid november ( hahahaha). Lots of presents already under tree from europe ( my relatives send them early cos one year we got them at easter!!!! ).
Merry xmas folks.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Probably this weekend will put up the decorations. I will be in the US for Thanksgiving so might as well do it before I go. I have visited some friends recently and they all have their Christmas trees up.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I did notice that inside some stores and banks there were some beautiful decorated Christmas trees.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I drove the Moca tonight and last week and I was so surprised at all the lights and trees up already!
It is my first Xmas here but I really likes seeing all these shacks with lights.
I have never been a fan of Xmas but I kind of like it here!

It's the 'spirit'.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yea, this time of Year stinks for me, can get very depressing..3 more days my mom has passed now for 10 Years, no kids, money, its the sh!ts..Only thing that keeps me around is usually Football...bla bla bla

I don't even have furniture...doubt I'll be decorating.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Yea, this time of Year stinks for me, can get very depressing..3 more days my mom has passed now for 10 Years, no kids, money, its the sh!ts..Only thing that keeps me around is usually Football...bla bla bla
Im with you Bah Humbug....never liked it never will

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Come on guys, this is not Off Topic. This better get DR related soon, and no more religious debates, or it's history.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To "Corie", and "Harley", I with you a VERY Merry CHRISTmas!
And may "X" bless you, and yours!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
We are not celebrating the birth of "X" here!

AND, since the DR is a Catholic Country, celebrating a "Birth Day Party"?????????????????????????
Lets put the "C", back in "Colon"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
There IS NO, "Separation of Church and State" here!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i feel badly for you. i hope you are not a Jacksonville Jaguars fan

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
On topic, last year was my first xmas here, I normally spend that time of year in my family. Decorated house and balcony, got advent calenders, presents for sobrinos(as), and old folks, made a huge xmas dinner.... u know normal xmas stuff, kids opening presents on the 25th.... it was the first time they have done something like that, so sad!!! They just normally have a family dinner, no presents, no decorations, no xmas spirit.
How do ure dr relatives celebrate xmas ??