bread prices to go up

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

As the article states, they will buy a platano instead of the horrible quality bread, that's a win for everyone. A healthier alternative for a lower price. If it was up to me I'd ban that **** quality bread from the shelves altogether. It alone is significantly responsible for the diabetes epidemic spoken about in the other thread, along with white rice, bizcochos, and sugary candy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that's because dominican bread is worth crap. even dominicans can see that, just read the comments under article i linked:
Que le suban el precio no es nada. Lo que pasa es que ahora lo hacen mas chiquitos y de menor calidad. La calidad de vida del dominicano c/dia, es menor. Delincuentes.
No se porque le aumentan si total es mas levadura que harina!!!...los panes ya ni masa dentro traen por ende comes aire...

the problem is that pan con cafe was a breakfast to go of many dominicans who rush to work in the mornings and have no time or facilities to prepare something more substantial. 2 pesos more does not sound like much but to some it will make a difference.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Time to take out your cookbooks(recipes) and make your own fresh crusty bread.:classic:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i make my own bread but it is not appreciated by dominicans. i like breads to be harder and more dense, dominicans like it sweet and fluffy, sponge soft.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i make my own bread but it is not appreciated by dominicans. i like breads to be harder and more dense, dominicans like it sweet and fluffy, sponge soft.

I've been thinking of buying a breadmaker for our DR house, just to get a decent loaf of bread from time to time.

Do they run on an inverter? Can't have it dying halfway through the bake cycle.

Hmmmmm......a nice loaf of semolina bread.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
AE, in order to avoid issues i only use breadmaker to make dough. i run it with inversor on knead and then unplug for rise. it is hot enough for the dough to go up nicely even without additional warmth. then i bake buns or individual breads in the oven. i presume you could run the whole thing on inversor but full cycle takes over three hours and i prefer not to risk it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sayanora, the "Pan de Agua" is bad enough, then they toast it covered with margarine, then dip it is watery chocolate, thats half sugar!
Wanna talk about Salami, con queso frito????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
When I toast the Pan, I secretly use olive oil, not "Mantequilla"!
A little "Splenda" in the hot chocolate works too.
As long as they NEVER see you do it!
I only buy powdered, 0% fat powdered milk.
Over the years, they have gotten used to it!
"I Have My WAYS" to improve my families diet without them ever realizing it!
It does cost more, but their worth every peso!
Except "Mi Esposa"!
Some of you may not know, that "Esposos" are "Hand Cuffs", in "Espanol"!!!!!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Not a good idea AE since that will damage the inverter.

My sister has a breadmaker but she turns on the generator when there's no lights to make bread.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Let THEM, Eat Cake"!!!
When the cost of "Platanos" more than doubled after a hurricane here, "Hipolito" said, "Let them eat Yuca"!!!
Which costs even MORE!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Have u seen the price of platanos nowadays?? I might make a fortune out of this......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I buy them only when I don't have any of my own to harvest, and THEN, when the "Supers" feature them at 50% off!
Like TODAY!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Whats wrong with Pan de Agua? I actually bring some back to the states when on return trips. Before I figured out what I could or couldn't eat without getting sick Pan de Agua was my staple diet. But nothing beats European bread.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"frank", me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I LOVE, those Dominican, "BIG BUNS"!!!!!!
We are booked in "Vegas" on New Years Eve!
Two shows, 8 & 11 pm.
We OPEN for "Shakira" & "Beyonse"!
We are flying in from Miami, I hope our arms don't get tired!
"Take My wife",
PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE!
Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and... drums roll... this publicity stunt is ova! bread will stay at 5 pesos because danilo the saviour comes to the rescue of the pueblo dominicano. the votes, no, i am sorry, not the votes, poor humble dominican people, cannot pay fair price for anything because hey, the VOTES! so we shall all pay the price:
Panaderos dejan sin efecto aumento al precio del pan - DiarioLibre.com

oh, f**k this. i'm getting so sarcastic living here i excrete acid turds of anger.