Coincidence?

cairotaxi

Dec 17, 2012
I truly enjoy the forums and hope to visit the DR one day. Maybe, I will after these sightings!!!
Anyway, at a medical clinic last week, I saw a car in front of me with a DR license plate/flag on it(front end).
This past weekend, at Brakes Plus, I saw a very PRETTY, shiny, brand spanking new, black Mercedes,NY Yankees cap on the dash, also, with a DR license plate/flag,front end.
My assumption>>DR people are very proud of their country, no matter where they live(even in crazy Phoenix, Arizona) and are very proud to show it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sounds like DR is calling out to you cairotaxi! "cairoooooootaxiiiiiiii, come and visit meeeeeeee"

:p

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My assumption>>DR people are very proud of their country, no matter where they live(even in crazy Phoenix, Arizona) and are very proud to show it.

That's true, a great many Dominicans in the US are looking forward to the day when they can return to the retirement home financed by the money earned there.

I know a couple of doctors who left good practices in the US to return to the DR. The pull is strong for Domincans.

cairotaxi

Dec 17, 2012
I was wondering who drove the Mercedes and what their job was! Arizona does not have extremely high salaries for most of us unless one is a trust fund baby, MD, or high paying job at Intel or other company or something illegal.

Last edited:

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
I will say that the mayority of Dominican are very proud of their country. They leave DR for economical reason. I call them economical exile. Dominican Republic is the real land of the freed and home of the brave. It is the land where evolution really takes itscourse, the strongest survive. People there live as nature really want it to be (no rules, no law, no anything) :)

I truly enjoy the forums and hope to visit the DR one day. Maybe, I will after these sightings!!!
Anyway, at a medical clinic last week, I saw a car in front of me with a DR license plate/flag on it(front end).
This past weekend, at Brakes Plus, I saw a very PRETTY, shiny, brand spanking new, black Mercedes,NY Yankees cap on the dash, also, with a DR license plate/flag,front end.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I was wondering who drove the Mercedes and what their job was! Arizona does not have extremely high salaries for most of us unless one is a trust fund baby, MD, or high paying job at Intel or other company or something illegal.

Haha .. funny story, I bought my first mercedes in 2008 or so, and before I drove a mercedes, I always thought the same thing.. who the hell can afford those cars and what do they do.. I'd see a young person driving a mercedes and always suspect some shady business they were running.. I ended up making my money in internet marketing which was a shady business anyways lol..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I rented my first house here in SD from a 23 year old Dominican living in Toronto Canada.
He also owned, and rented 7 other houses here in SD.
His mother here drove a big Mercedes, and could barely stand up she had so many huge gold chains.
When he came to visit me here, he came in yet another Mercedes, and said he had another one in Toronto.
All that wealth, and he was a just a "Baker" in Toronto!!!!!!!
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Must have been REALLY GOOD Bread!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Yeah, "Dominicanos" are "Proud" of there country.
See how neat and clean the streets are?????????
And the environmental protection regulations are endless!
The education, and public health system leave very little to desire!
"PaaaaaaaaLeeeeeeeeeeeeeez"!

cairotaxi

Dec 17, 2012
CCCCCCCCC!!
Your sense of humor and insights are CCCCCCCLLLLAAAASSSSYYYY and CCCCCCLLLLLAAAAASSSSIIICCCC!!and on point.

cairotaxi

Dec 17, 2012
Funny you should ask. Several weeks ago I visited DR Embassy website in Cairo, Egypt. I flipped through some pictures and pretty sure I saw him. Seems he works there or did as of last year. I sent message. No reply. Maybe they think I'm some crazy American chic or stalker. Oh well. I'm just an old broad with active imagination and memories.