Garage dimensions ????

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
Good evening
im considering building a garage to cope with a jeep type vehicle

I think i want to build a garage (entry)4.5 metres * 5.5 metres

I am making the entry 4.5mtr (and i guess slightly wider than a one car garage entry) because the road way out side is one lane only. The option of my jeep being able to approach my garage , then begin the entry procedure i.e. turning in towards the garage and then straightening the vehicle before entering the garage is not possible.

I thought if i widened the entry port it will in some way compensate for the above

Do you have any thoughts

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I think that is plenty wide but I would make it longer or sure. I would stretch it out to 7 meters for storage

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Standard size for a two car garage for planning purposes in U.S. is 24 feet on a side. 4.5 M for one car should be ok but I would plan 6.5 to 7.5 deep if you have the room. You can never have too much room in a garage.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Depends if th3 doors open upway ( occidental style) or outwards ( need even more space to turn in ) or inwards ( need garage much longer in order to be able to close the doors again ).
I did mine like a cage , hierro style, but its on the grounds, protected by gate and wall.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Make it twice the size you want it, that way it will take you at least a week to fill it.