Orange Network Down Right Now?

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Anyone else having a problem. I have been calling a friend all night and the line seems so bad - only got through once. Anyone in the Sosua on the Orange network with a pre-pagado having a problem with service right now?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some areas in sosua seriously suck in terms of coverage, sometimes you have to go outside of the house to make a call. maybe the person you are trying to reach is inside or moving around. i would give it a rest and call again tomorrow.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Orange cell signal is down in Sosua, but not sure where else. It's weird that my orange fly box is working for the internet.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
My friend is actually about 15 min's away from Sosua but it seemed like a big problem. The ring is weird and the one time I did reach her she said no one there had service who had Orange phones there right now??

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Orange cell signal is down in Sosua, but not sure where else. It's weird that my orange fly box is working for the internet.

That's what I heard - I wonder how long it will be down?? --- I think its been down at least the past 2 hours. Has this happened before?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Ya it's happened before. It came back for a few minutes and then went off again. I should come back soon.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Ok this is ridiculous. It came up twice last night and now this morning - Boom, down again.... at least I think grrrrrrrr....

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
I am not in your area.
October and September I had several shutdown , 7 hours average.

"best" was in June 32 hours.
But Orange has been very elegant.
For this shudown , a month after , they offered 5 free SMS to sent within 48 hours.

I imagine they will offer you offert you half SMS to sent in the next 20 mn for inconvenients.

Lucky you are !

P.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
It's only a phone...keep calm.
Its not the phone ,its the phone service or lack of it. She is paying for something she is not getting and has a right to complain. Just keep in mind that cell companies are the same all over. They demand prompt payment and tell you to suck it up when their system is down.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Its not the phone ,its the phone service or lack of it. She is paying for something she is not getting and has a right to complain. Just keep in mind that cell companies are the same all over. They demand prompt payment and tell you to suck it up when their system is down.

I know it's the cell phone service, read my ealier posts. how do you know she is paying for it? she may have pay-as-you-go??? Either way, lines go down and they always come back, it's part of life. Not worth getting stressed over....it's just a phone.

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
My sister-in-law is with Orange in Gaspar Hernandez, and she has no service either. It's been fairly good for a decent stretch of time, so as inconvenient as this is, it's not like it is shocking. Hopefully they'll get it up and running quickly! I complain about my Canadian service provider frequently too; so, Orange, Telus, seems to be fairly comparable!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
My sister-in-law is with Orange in Gaspar Hernandez, and she has no service either. It's been fairly good for a decent stretch of time, so as inconvenient as this is, it's not like it is shocking. Hopefully they'll get it up and running quickly! I complain about my Canadian service provider frequently too; so, Orange, Telus, seems to be fairly comparable!

Its a Canadian thing. We like to complain but do nothing about it.

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
hahaha, well, I wasn't the original complainer about this one. So perhaps our collective complaints helped :)