Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much do you pay?

I am considering asking a lady who takes care of cleaning the shared communal area where I live to come in and give the place a good going over once a week, wash and iron my work shirts etc. For the life of me I can not stop my black shirts from coming out of the wash with all that awful scruffy looking white fluff all over, you know the stuff the direct sunlight and UV night club light picks up and embarrasses people. I have no clue why or what is causing this but anyway, that's what I am thinking. But I spoke with her and I think she may be trying to outprice herself.
    How much do you pay, for how many hours etc?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smart View Post
    I am considering asking a lady who takes care of cleaning the shared communal area where I live to come in and give the place a good going over once a week, wash and iron my work shirts etc. For the life of me I can not stop my black shirts from coming out of the wash with all that awful scruffy looking white fluff all over, you know the stuff the direct sunlight and UV night club light picks up and embarrasses people. I have no clue why or what is causing this but anyway, that's what I am thinking. But I spoke with her and I think she may be trying to outprice herself.
    wear a white shirt. there's no cure for black shirts not showing stuff as far as I know

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

600 pesos for 4-6 hour day once a week.. We do realize 100 of that is going towards the girl's transporation also. I think 100 pesos an hour is a fair rate for unskilled manual labor. Nothing has ever gone missing and she does everything we ask so we are very happy.

4. Likes Smart, waytogo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    wear a white shirt. there's no cure for black shirts not showing stuff as far as I know
    It must come from somewhere, but you are right, I have even tried washing the barrel before I do blacks and it still produces this fluffy stuff.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It must come from somewhere, but you are right, I have even tried washing the barrel before I do blacks and it still produces this fluffy stuff.
    I remember the horror the first time I looked down on my black top in a club with UV lights. I thought something had fallen on me and I desperately tried to wipe it all off

7. Likes Smart liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are using a powder detergent, then that might be the filler they use to make it look like you are getting more for your money.....try a liquid detergent, that might eliminate the stuff.....

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

RD$4-500, plus transport is the going rate.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep around $500 for half a day is about right and if there is a lot of ironing add another RD$100, it is up to you whether or not you give something towards the transport.. if she cooks that can be an added bonus, having a ready made meal when you come home is also something to look forward to. You can always give her money to buy the food or you buy it and she cooks it, then of course she has some of it so that can go towards her payment as well.

Just one thing, if you have anything in the fridge that you are looking forward to when you get back home, let her know as it has been known to happen that other things get eaten. If you are asking her not to cook then make it obvious that the fridge is out of bounds, lol! She can only have the water.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeniefs View Post
    Yep around $500 for half a day is about right and if there is a lot of ironing add another RD$100, it is up to you whether or not you give something towards the transport.. if she cooks that can be an added bonus, having a ready made meal when you come home is also something to look forward to. You can always give her money to buy the food or you buy it and she cooks it, then of course she has some of it so that can go towards her payment as well.

Just one thing, if you have anything in the fridge that you are looking forward to when you get back home, let her know as it has been known to happen that other things get eaten. If you are asking her not to cook then make it obvious that the fridge is out of bounds, lol! She can only have the water.
    500 per half day is way too much. It's more like 500 per day.

12. Likes AlterEgo, toriemannetje liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay 4000 pesos per month for 3 half-days/week so, 12 half-days per months. She cleans, cooks, grocery shop if necessary and do the laundry. No ironing. So about 333 pesos per half day and that includes her transportation that she pays on her own.

2 bedrooms, 2 bath. appartment. Windows washed every week.

14. Likes toriemannetje liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast