Towing

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Hi, i need a towing asap from Punta Cana to Santo domingo.

Anyone have a compagny # for a truck in SD?? How much you think this service is?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Call Rubin in SD, Rubin's Auto Repair, located on Nunez same side street as the Hospital, but they face Nunez across from the gas station and about 2 blocks up from National Supermarket, number is 809-531-8120 now, whats with a tow truck?? thats a long ride, what kind of car?? may be best to flatbed it..

Rubin speaks English pretty well, but his Son is fluent if you need to explain things in detail..

Anthony

Hi, i need a towing asap from Punta Cana to Santo domingo.

Anyone have a compagny # for a truck in SD?? How much you think this service is?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
If this is just to move a car to have in SD, better off to hire a person to drive it..I can do that just as long as there is time to catch the bus back to POP

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I think the fact he needs a tow means the car is frucked otherwise he would be asking for someone to drive the car, no?

PC to CAP is a low tow on a line, but doable if the guy in the car being towed can concentrate for such a long time. I know being towed close up at reasonably high speeds drains the brain and melts your eyes and senses.

A flatbed will be expensive but if you can find a simple hook up recovery guy it shouldn't be too bad, but it will still be expensive. Have you not considered having the vehicle repaired and started in PC and then driving it over here.

Mind you, several hundred bucks might not be as much to you as it is to me and spits relative.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Think about what you just said...I seriously doubt the car needs repair or the OP would have asked for such at their location..The common sense in me is saying, this is the only way to get my car to SD...OP?? LOL...Again, be more than happy to drive it down for ya out of POP..Or I guess, can come to PC..if this is the case, your looking at about 4,000 in gas..

I think the fact he needs a tow means the car is frucked otherwise he would be asking for someone to drive the car, no?

PC to CAP is a low tow on a line, but doable if the guy in the car being towed can concentrate for such a long time. I know being towed close up at reasonably high speeds drains the brain and melts your eyes and senses.

A flatbed will be expensive but if you can find a simple hook up recovery guy it shouldn't be too bad, but it will still be expensive. Have you not considered having the vehicle repaired and started in PC and then driving it over here.

Mind you, several hundred bucks might not be as much to you as it is to me and spits relative.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Im pretty sure i need a new alternator.

Problem is i have a flight im SD next tuesday. Nobody work on sunday so i think it would be too short to replace this. I also dont trust those guys in Punta cana to fix my car (Acura) so i prefer to have it tow to my house and deal with it when i get back. I think thats my best option

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Holy smokes!! thats a very expensive Alt!! Whats the problem? If the car starts, remove the positive cable from the battery..Is she continues to run, ALT is fine..Or does she drop dead after a while of running, try to start it, click click click??

Im pretty sure i need a new alternator.

Problem is i have a flight im SD next tuesday. Nobody work on sunday so i think it would be too short to replace this. I also dont trust those guys in Punta cana to fix my car (Acura) so i prefer to have it tow to my house and deal with it when i get back. I think thats my best option

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Yup. Battery died, then boosted it, died again so figured there was a problem but was already here... Anyway end up getting signs of something like battery cant recharge... Looked online on some forums and they say its alternate usually.

Heard the clickclickclick last time i tryed to start it and it failed.

I know its expensive but how much u think around?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
What Year/model? I can call Rubin tomorrow if you like, get a price on all of the above..Just need Year/model, would be helpful to have the VIN should you not know the engine size and it sometimes may differ from car's options..Are you wanting New, rebuilt or remanufactured?? Different warranties etc..I'm a Ford guy, so we always went with Reman which is all new internal parts, case is cleaned, sand blastered put back together...would have 1 year/36,000 mile warranty...Acura is a different animal, but parts are parts..

Yup. Battery died, then boosted it, died again so figured there was a problem but was already here... Anyway end up getting signs of something like battery cant recharge... Looked online on some forums and they say its alternate usually.

Heard the clickclickclick last time i tryed to start it and it failed.

I know its expensive but how much u think around?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Just drive it, you can still jump a car with a frucked alternator, you just won't have any lights, who needs lights here.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Are you sure? I jumped it and after 20 mins driving it it start ****ing up. The warning lights started to flash, then eventually i could feel my car didnt have too much power...

Lights where on tho, it was at night so no choice...

You think i could make it to SDQ?

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
What Year/model? I can call Rubin tomorrow if you like, get a price on all of the above..Just need Year/model, would be helpful to have the VIN should you not know the engine size and it sometimes may differ from car's options..Are you wanting New, rebuilt or remanufactured?? Different warranties etc..I'm a Ford guy, so we always went with Reman which is all new internal parts, case is cleaned, sand blastered put back together...would have 1 year/36,000 mile warranty...Acura is a different animal, but parts are parts..

Acura MDX 2007

New obv.

Its like 150$ online for the part with free shipping?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Can't, fuel pump, anti lock brakes, etc need juice, would drop pretty quickly..now, if this was an older car, hell yea!! LOL..and a Ford Probe back in the day? HA! that puppy was like one huge electronic flux capacitor..it had relays for the relays..tough spot! I would seek out replacement tomorrow being its Saturday...Try a few after market stores,may have a napa there or price smart no?

Just drive it, you can still jump a car with a frucked alternator, you just won't have any lights, who needs lights here.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
If it is your alternator then I am absolutely positive you can drive it until you turn it off and then you will need to jump it again, but keep it running and you can make it to Haiti if you want to. It's only your battery is not picking up any charge. Flashing lights is just the warning telling you, you are not picking up a charge, you are about to loose electrics.
Like I say, if it is e alternator there is nothing stopping you driving it once started, just leave the CD's at home.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Okay, just tell me what you wanna do...I can call Rubin tomorrow for a price on a tow, compare with the other poster etc, and also see if he has the part or can locate it..Now being its an Import, do you know the pro-date? or you may need to call so you can provide the Vin..

Acura MDX 2007

New obv.

Its like 150$ online for the part with free shipping?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Jean, when you got a price, was the application clear cut one choice? sometimes it can be the manufacturer of the part that gives you more than one applications, K & B,VB, etc.. other is the options and/or production date of the car