Gotta love Supermercados Bravo

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Let me tell something positive about this country....my wife won 3 minutes free shopping at Bravo Supermarket yesterday. She went with her running shoes on.....RD$12,361 pesos free groceries...I felt for at least half an hour that I think we should stay in this country.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Know how you feel!
I won my entire order free last year a Super Mercado National promo.
Sad part was, my orders are usually 10,000 or more, that day, only 6,500.
By my calculations, over 20 years of Super Mercado Nat. screwing me, It only cost me 3,000,000 pesos to finally get 6,500 in return!
My boss here once won a Ford Fiesta for paying his water bill on time.
But for about 24 hours you do feel GREAT!
cc

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Let me tell something positive about this country....my wife won 3 minutes free shopping at Bravo Supermarket yesterday. She went with her running shoes on.....RD$12,361 pesos free groceries...I felt for at least half an hour that I think we should stay in this country.

Mauricio don't let it fool you. The joy is only short lived.:tired::D

Did she scout out the store so she knew where she wanted to go for the GOOD stuff or just shovel stuff off the shelves at random?
That sounds so fun! Good for you guys!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I Know how you feel!
I won my entire order free last year a Super Mercado National promo.
Sad part was, my orders are usually 10,000 or more, that day, only 6,500.
By my calculations, over 20 years of Super Mercado Nat. screwing me, It only cost me 3,000,000 pesos to finally get 6,500 in return!
My boss here once won a Ford Fiesta for paying his water bill on time.
But for about 24 hours you do feel GREAT!
cc

I thought you were the boss

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Did she scout out the store so she knew where she wanted to go for the GOOD stuff or just shovel stuff off the shelves at random?
That sounds so fun! Good for you guys!

For me the good stuff would be the Macorix 8 a?os and some good imported red wine. As for meat, veg etc.. money or not, you have to eat so you will buy food every day.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my wife won 3 minutes free shopping at Bravo Supermarket yesterday.

i presume it did not include wait at the cashier? ;)

if i were given 3 minute free shopping spree i know i would trample old ladies and run my cart over their arthritic joints like there's no tomorrow.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I'm sure the Supermarket put enough "Restrictions" on the shopping so they would not have to give away too much!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Yes, they did, but in Holland we say: je moet een gegeven paard niet in de bek kijken (don't look a given horse in the mouth). I was surprised how much they actually helped her. They sent two guys in front to move people out of the way, asked shoppers to cooperate (actually all went out of the aisles) and at the teller they didn't really check if she had stuff against the rules. Most important rule : no meat above 650 pesos / lbs and no shrimps of a certain category and no wines above 550 per bottle.

My wife, btw, said she felt like she won miss universe. I actually never saw her so happy, not even on our wedding day....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I actually never saw her so happy, not even on our wedding day....

weddings are damn overrated, if you ask me. a good bowel movement is way better coz one can live without wedding but not without s**tting!.