Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Distance calculator and more!

Dominican Republic Distance Calculator, Distance Between Cities, Distance Chart

I decided to post this since we are always asked where the nearest airports are, or where this town is, how far etc..i have a friend in LAS CAOBAS, so, did a search to see how far he is from me, found this site, works great!!!! has a lot of tools we all can use..

Ant
    Last edited by skynet; 11-18-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy a map. It's an island. Nothing is usually more than a couple of hours away. You are making something simple into a project. It is just down the road a piece.

LTSteve

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Distance is important if you are driving from San Antonio to El Paso.
    In the DR I always wanted to know how much time and that was never correct.
    This seems almost useless.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is it useless, it tells you miles as the crow flies and road miles, which is actually interesting to see how little miles the difference is in road to air miles (or I was surprised in the tests I just did).
    A map is not going to give you traffic conditions either, so what do you want, a personal chopper circling the country to provide you with up to date traffic and delay updates?

You just said your ETA is never correct, so has the penny not dropped? Keeping up with sporadic roadworks, closures, collapse is impossible here.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is useful. There is definitely a big difference to go from SD to Santiago or from SD to Bahia de las Aguilas. If I go somewhere I mostly have an appointment and need to know how many hours in advance to leave.

On the other hand, I prefer to use google maps, which gives me the distance and an estimate of the travel time.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also get directions on Google Earth.

I dunno. I took a map making course once and I've got time on my hands. Maybe I'll start working on a schematic map...

7. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it, it shows distance and time for travel and where the Airports are, very useful if you don't know the DR area well..I know SD very well, but here via POP, Sosua, etc, natta...so, very cool for me.

Ant

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Today, Ave Luperon to Ensanche luperon, 1hour, 30frinkin minutes. I'm mentally exhausted!

A bit off topic but how much gas does the A/C in a car use? I am sure I am using more in A/C than actual distance travelled.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much Smart, if your HWY you may not notice any difference, its when your stop & go using the A/C is where it gets you

Quote Originally Posted by Smart View Post
    Today, Ave Luperon to Ensanche luperon, 1hour, 30frinkin minutes. I'm mentally exhausted!

A bit off topic but how much gas does the A/C in a car use? I am sure I am using more in A/C than actual distance travelled.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hwy?.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast