Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Keeping my Claro account

I visit semi frequently or erratically. I've been to the DR 5 times or so in the past 6 months which is unusual. I'm in Santo Domingo now. However, I don't know when I'll return. Meanwhile, I want to keep the same phone number I have here in the DR. As of now, I have about 1000 pesos prepaid on my Claro account. It expires in December. Does that mean they eliminate my account or phone number if I don't use any minutes after I leave and don't return until after December, which will almost definitely be the case? I don't care at all about keeping Claro as a provider; I want to keep my number though. How can I do this?

Also, I know there's a Claro number to call to get an English speaking person. I used to know it but can't find it and can't find it listed. They weren't overly helpful, but at least it was something. Does someone have that number, a number I can call from the US? I don't care if it's a DR number.

While I'm at it, on a different note, how do you make a collect call from here using Claro? I had to call my US bank and they accept collect calls, but I had no idea how to do it.

To digress a little more, my ATM card was froze, and I mean sub zero frozen (there are different degrees believe it or not) by Bank of America for using the card to withdraw 10 mil twice consecutively. It took me 2 days and several hours on the phone at my expense to get it reinstated. I never had that problem before, but it was a temporary card.

Thanks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the minutes just go dormant..... revive them w/ eztop .com every now and then.... the number stays

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the minutes just go dormant..... revive them w/ eztop .com every now and then.... the number stays

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suspect OP will lose the number after some period of inactivity. Six months, a year perhaps. I go to Trinidad every year for Carnival and have to get a new number each time I go even though I've left money on the account.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

not if you keep reviving it by adding 100 pesos from time to time..... 6 yrs and still ticking here for me.

I always top up before arrival..... just did it tjis morning here-- beats driving to the Claro store

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you do what the previous poster says even a month or so after the end date the minutes reappear. You can use this from anywhere.

Send International Mobile Top Up Online Anywhere in the World!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks for the responses.

Anyone know the English speaking number for Claro? Collect calls?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you dial (809)220-1111 and wait a little bit, youŽll hear this message: "For English assistance press star key."

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You wonŽt lose your number if you keep adding funds to it every month!