Keeping my Claro account

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I visit semi frequently or erratically. I've been to the DR 5 times or so in the past 6 months which is unusual. I'm in Santo Domingo now. However, I don't know when I'll return. Meanwhile, I want to keep the same phone number I have here in the DR. As of now, I have about 1000 pesos prepaid on my Claro account. It expires in December. Does that mean they eliminate my account or phone number if I don't use any minutes after I leave and don't return until after December, which will almost definitely be the case? I don't care at all about keeping Claro as a provider; I want to keep my number though. How can I do this?

Also, I know there's a Claro number to call to get an English speaking person. I used to know it but can't find it and can't find it listed. They weren't overly helpful, but at least it was something. Does someone have that number, a number I can call from the US? I don't care if it's a DR number.

While I'm at it, on a different note, how do you make a collect call from here using Claro? I had to call my US bank and they accept collect calls, but I had no idea how to do it.

To digress a little more, my ATM card was froze, and I mean sub zero frozen (there are different degrees believe it or not) by Bank of America for using the card to withdraw 10 mil twice consecutively. It took me 2 days and several hours on the phone at my expense to get it reinstated. I never had that problem before, but it was a temporary card.

Thanks.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I would suspect OP will lose the number after some period of inactivity. Six months, a year perhaps. I go to Trinidad every year for Carnival and have to get a new number each time I go even though I've left money on the account.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
not if you keep reviving it by adding 100 pesos from time to time..... 6 yrs and still ticking here for me.

I always top up before arrival..... just did it tjis morning here-- beats driving to the Claro store

gas

Jul 28, 2013
Ok, thanks for the responses.

Anyone know the English speaking number for Claro? Collect calls?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
If you dial (809)220-1111 and wait a little bit, you?ll hear this message: "For English assistance press star key."