Looking for a Giant Schnauzer

mfdr

Nov 18, 2013
My wife and I have owned Mini Schnauzers for about ten years and we love Schnauzers. Now we're looking for a Giant Schnauzer. Does anyone know if there are any in the country? I'm guessing that we're going to have to import one but I figured I'd check on here first and see if anyone knows of any.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Going to be expensive bringing one in. There are companies that specialize in shipments of animals via airplane.

LTSteve

cruzan

May 3, 2006
My wife and I are also looking for a Giant and have been searching for about 6 months. We have come to the same conclusion,,,,,we are going to
have to import. In what part of the country do you live?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
There are (were?) a male and female in Cabarete brought in by an Australian couple this year. You could try posting on "everything cabarete" page on Facebook to make contact with the owners if still here. Whether they can or will have pups I don't know. Good luck.

Ps:even saw a miniature and a standard here a couple of months ago

mfdr

Nov 18, 2013
Wow, such great info. I'll try to track down the Australians.
I can't believe you saw a Standard it's even rarer than the Giant!
cruzan: We're a little outside La Vega. Are you interested in a Male or Female? I spoke to some friends from Spain that are going back for vacation and they're open to bring one back, maybe I can convince them to bring more. The Giants are a lot more common in Europe, and it's cheaper to bring a dog with you vs. pay a shipping company.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have had standards... 2 of them.

I prefer them to the Giant or Mini..... unadulterated.

Very stubborn rascals - need to be very firm with them.

I expect you'll be better off bringing something in.
UAL (formerly Continental) has the best pet policies.