Bring tv on airplane 55 inch

SEO

Aug 3, 2012
i am bringing a 55 inch tv in the airplane in december because no tax has anybody done this ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no tax only for dominicans who live abroad and did not visit in the last 6 months.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
i am bringing a 55 inch tv in the airplane in december because no tax has anybody done this ?

Please please let us know what airline allows a 55 inch tv. Thank you

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
My friend brought in (2 )32" TV'S and got hauled into pay taxes on them..Around $350 if I remember correctly..I do believe it was after he had his Cedula :(

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Not only all of the above - but around Christmas a LOT of airlines do not allow any boxes at all. Be sure to check with your airline first.

And let us know what you find out please.....today I went into HHGregg to buy a freezer, and saw LG 55" TV for $499, plus they e-mailed me a coupon for another 11% off anything in the store.....

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You better check with the airline. Many have what they call an embargo on oversize items especially around the holidays.

LTSteve

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
DR1 News for November 11, 2013

Christmas customs cut comes early this year
The Department of Customs has announced that it will start the traditional import tax exoneration period for expatriate Dominicans returning for the holidays as of 23 November, instead of on 1 December. Dominicans who live abroad can bring gifts of up to US$3,000 with them tax-free. The facility is open to all Dominicans who have not traveled to the country in the past six months, but Customs is known for being flexible in applying this restriction. The gifts can also be sent by courier but need to be retrieved from Customs by the travelers once they are in the country.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
You will be the coolest guy I know with a 55er, never seen anyone pull off bigger than a 36er

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
So you can ship an 80" tv with list price of $2999 and the shipper will not charge duty?

The Department of Customs has announced that it will start the traditional import tax exoneration period for expatriate Dominicans returning for the holidays as of 23 November, instead of on 1 December. Dominicans who live abroad can bring gifts of up to US$3,000 with them tax-free. The facility is open to all Dominicans who have not traveled to the country in the past six months, but Customs is known for being flexible in applying this restriction. The gifts can also be sent by courier but need to be retrieved from Customs by the travelers once they are in the country.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
What date does it end in January?