Moving to DR in 2 weeks! New member introduction

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
Hello all DR1 members!

My name is Stefan, 29, and I am new here. From the Netherlands, moving to Las Terenas in a couple of weeks. Lived in Santo Domingo for 1.5 year (wish I knew about dr1 back then!), where I met Julia 5 years ago. Since then we have lived in Spain and The Netherlands. Now we are going to live in that beautiful little town. Very excited! Through this forum I hope to meet new people, and keep up with what is going on in the country.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Hello all DR1 members!

My name is Stefan, 29, and I am new here. From the Netherlands, moving to Las Terenas in a couple of weeks. Lived in Santo Domingo for 1.5 year (wish I knew about dr1 back then!), where I met Julia 5 years ago. Since then we have lived in Spain and The Netherlands. Now we are going to live in that beautiful little town. Very excited! Through this forum I hope to meet new people, and keep up with what is going on in the country.

Welcome, dont forget to post your picture and Julia's on .... http://www.dr1.com/forums/off-topic/135947-do-you-dare-put-pic-up-yourself.html

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Welcome!

Why Las Terrenas if you are 29 years old? Well, I guess (am sure) that's better than Santo Domingo, but most 29 year old can't afford to live in a village on the beach.

Where in the Netherlands are you from?

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
Welcome!

Why Las Terrenas if you are 29 years old? Well, I guess (am sure) that's better than Santo Domingo, but most 29 year old can't afford to live in a village on the beach.

Where in the Netherlands are you from?

Thanks all!

Well the afford part, I know we will have to live cheap, but I think we will be able to make it. Better be poor in paradise then rich in hell. Or something like that :)
I am originally from a small city in the North, but have lived in Amsterdam for 6 years in total.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Welcome to DR1. I'm sure you will like living in Las Terrenas. It's one of the best of the best places.:) Good Luck!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Thanks all!

Well the afford part, I know we will have to live cheap, but I think we will be able to make it. Better be poor in paradise then rich in hell. Or something like that :)
I am originally from a small city in the North, but have lived in Amsterdam for 6 years in total.

ok...ik kom uit Kampen.

Are you going to work here?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you think Amsterdam is "HELL", and the DR is "Paradise", we have a HUGE Surprise waiting for youhere in the DR!
But, "Wilkomen" just the same!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
LT is actually quite a pleasant place to visit. Nowhere near the cultural amenities of Amsterdam, but perhaps that's what you want. I actually prefer it to Punta Cana, as it has more of an indie-boho vibe, and some of the most spectacular beaches and general scenery on the island. The fact it's only about 2hrs from the SDQ and POP airports doesn't really hurt, either.

Enjoy your new adventure. Hope your Spanish and/or French is good.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If you think Amsterdam is "HELL", and the DR is "Paradise", we have a HUGE Surprise waiting for youhere in the DR!
But, "Wilkomen" just the same!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Wilkomen???!!! don't mix us with the germans!! YOU should know!