Best moving company Santo Domingo

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
Hello,

I am moving to DR in 2 weeks, and shipped most of my stuff 1 month ago. It will be delivered to my gf mom in Santo Domingo. Now, I need a moving company that is based in Santo Domingo, and delivers to Las Terenas.
A small truck will do, as I only have 6 boxes (240 liter) and 2 pieces of furniture. What is my best option?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Rent a truck and drive it. Or if you pay me, I'll personally load and drive it up there for you for $400

You can rent a box truck for $150 per day, a good reliable one, but you'd need to bring it back.

Last edited:

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Hello,

I am moving to DR in 2 weeks, and shipped most of my stuff 1 month ago. It will be delivered to my gf mom in Santo Domingo. Now, I need a moving company that is based in Santo Domingo, and delivers to Las Terenas.
A small truck will do, as I only have 6 boxes (240 liter) and 2 pieces of furniture. What is my best option?

Stefan, there is a company named "Mudanza y Cargas Gonzalez" based out of Santiago that moved someone near where I work from Santo Domingo to Santiago last summer. They seemed pretty professional, but I can't really review their work as I only talked to the boss a little while as they were unpacking. I kept their card and it says that they give free quotes and the labor is included (I thought that was the norm!). Their phone number is 809-879-3964.

Here is what the card says:
"Si deseas mudarte o transporta una carga llamanos al 809-879-3964 ,te cotizamos y ponemos nuestro personal sin nungun costo adicional , somos numero uno en el manejos de sus carga y mudanza"

Maybe worth a call anyway. Best wishes on your move.

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
Can you change the delivery..... should be a no cost delivery anywhere in the country if using a mudanza.

Yes, I will contact them. Only thing is that we are renting from the 15th in Terrenas, from 3-15th in SD, shipment is expected to arrive somewhere in first week of december. But it's definetely easier to just let the shipping company take it to our final destination right away.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
they will hold the delivery until a later date if you ask.... small fee may apply but better than handling it twice.

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
We are negotiating now. They are asking for 175 euro extra. Not really what I was hoping for, but I guess any company will charge these amounts. Trying to get it down, because as you said, they should deliver anywhere without extra costs.