internet in Cabrera

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Good morning Cabrera...I am looking for information on internet providers and more importantly comments on upload speeds and reliability. thank you

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Depends where you live in Cabrera. if anywhere close to town you might be able to be hard wired with Claro which is fast and mostly reliable. Also,- no limit to usage. if you are not in vicinity of the hard wire then you are only able to get Claro or Orange by stick or wifi. Again it depends where you live. At our house we can only raise Claro. Friends of ours in another local can only get Orange. Our plan with Claro gives us lots of minutes on our phone and 5 gigs a month of internet for 2,700. Occasional ,usually short outages. Hopefully someone who has orange can chime in.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
We have Claro in town and it has been great. Always working, fast, unlimited. We have a package with Claro TV (quite a few English channels, but mostly Spanish), regular home phone and internet for I believe 1800 a month.. or maybe even a bit less but definitely not more. Would definitely recommend this if you are in an area that can get it. We had to go to Nagua to set it up though.. and they have to go some sort of 'check' on you, which I know some people are actually denied but we had no problems. I think we had to go to Nagua twice though. Once to start process then again to finish it once we were 'accepted'.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friends say that Orange is the better set-up.

I have Claro and it's sporadic.... not a hard line, air signal