De Lancer TV in Sosua question

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We just got connected with their TV box but there are many channels without sound. BBC, for example. I did a search and ran through the channels. Last year there was an audio button that I could press a few times and that usually brought back the audio but this year they gave us a new clicker and the only audio related thing that I could find is a mute button.

Am I missing something or is that the way it is now? Thanks for any help.

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Delancer is the pitts. However, I often find that turning the box off at the back switch and having it run through the channels for a result will work. Otherwise using the handset you can bring up the control or set panel on the screen and it will synch the channels.

It is difficult sometimes - especially if Spanish is not your first language - trial and error. Good luck

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
The audio buton still exisit, on the gray remote control of delancer, you can have left channel, right or stereo, some audio channels don't have sound but all tv channel have sound simply use the button

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Thanks for all the suggestions. We have had their tv service every winter for 12 years and are familiar with the audio button and rebooting and other assorted issues. I have rebooted to no avail.

The problem this time is that there is no audio button on the new clicker we got today. Will have to go there tomorrow. By the way, if someone would check if BBC (48) or is working and let me know that would be great. Then we will know it is our problem and not a problem with the channel.

Thanks again for all the helpful posts.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
This must be something here in the DR..My SAT had the same issue, some channels had no sound, I set the Dolby to off, fixed the problem 100% never had an issue after..I don't know about this box, but would see if thats an option..if it is, turn the Dolby off or try a different setting, stereo, mono, etc if its an option..

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I found shutting off the box for at least 5 minutes taking the card out then press menu, press auto search. If that still doesn't help i press the audio button on the control once or twice and it seems to work.

Get used to doing this it happens a lot!

Sounds like something I heard before! Hahahha

drescape24

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Thanks for all the suggestions. We have had their tv service every winter for 12 years and are familiar with the audio button and rebooting and other assorted issues. I have rebooted to no avail.

The problem this time is that there is no audio button on the new clicker we got today. Will have to go there tomorrow. By the way, if someone would check if BBC (48) or is working and let me know that would be great. Then we will know it is our problem and not a problem with the channel.

Thanks again for all the helpful posts.
The audio button on the new remote is at the bottom set of four buttons,second from left .

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Thanks.

It is a good thing I couldn't find the audio button. We went in to De Lancer, had it explained to us and because I happened to ask if they were getting PBS, also found out there is an HD box. Now we get some HD channels, including PBS, and can record programs! If only we had a guide we could have timer recording - DVR/PVR. A great leap forward!