Grass seed

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Wondering if anyone knows where we can purchase grass seed, preferably on the North Coast as we are in Cabrera. For our own yard we had sod laid down, which was great, but this time we are making a large sports area for our children's summer camp and couldn't possible afford to sod the whole thing so we are hoping to plant grass soon to have a nice field in time for this coming summer. However, none of the viveros seem to sell grass seed.

Thanks in advance!!

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Wondering if anyone knows where we can purchase grass seed, preferably on the North Coast as we are in Cabrera. For our own yard we had sod laid down, which was great, but this time we are making a large sports area for our children's summer camp and couldn't possible afford to sod the whole thing so we are hoping to plant grass soon to have a nice field in time for this coming summer. However, none of the viveros seem to sell grass seed.

Thanks in advance!!

MY understanding is that you have to dig up and transplant from another area with grass you want. I spent some time looking and couldn't find seed for nice grass.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I have some grass seed that i picked up in Amsterdam at the Cannabis Cup Expo. I can probably sell you a little of my favorite hydroponic stuff, but i'm not sure you want to fill your whole yard with it. Do you live deep in the countryside or way up in the mountains? No close neighbors right? Feral cats go crazy over this grass. You got to protect it with some mesh or chicken wire. Maybe a shotgun.

Frank

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Frank, my buddies bachelor party is in Caberete in April we would love a whole football field in the back yard of the rental villa.

Aug 6, 2006
[Q

Some kinds of grass, like St. Augustine or zoysia, are normally grown from sod or plugs. The usual sort of grass used in the Midwest, like Kentucky blue fescue, is grown from seed. You need something resistant to underground tropical bichos and nemotodes. These don't exist where it freezes every winter. The people to consult are the folks who create and maintain golf courses.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I have tried a sort of grass looking plant thats much more " rooty " than ure typical grass, the green is clearer. I didnt grow from seeds, a friend dug up a patch from his garden. I am not convinced, its much harder on ure feet than grass and it tends to grow outwards instead of upwards, so it is quite patchy. I gave up and only left a small patch. I m sorry no idea what it is called, but in the campo quite a few houses have it.
Look around, people in the campo are happy if u give intesr to their garden and will willingly give u samples of plants and flowers to take ho e and grow.....