land to grow vegs and fruits

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I'll soon move to an appt instead of house with garden.
That will a problem for me as I want to keep growing veg and fruits.
But I wont have a garden any more.
What could be a solution, in sosua area? Can I find a little piece of land somewhere where I can keep on growing plants? Possible to rent a piece of land? Would someone let me use a piece of land and then share the vegs and fruits with me?

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
I live in tv park in Texas and I have earth boxes I bought online . If you want to look address is earth box.com

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hi everyone, I'll soon move to an appt instead of house with garden.
That will a problem for me as I want to keep growing veg and fruits.
But I wont have a garden any more.
What could be a solution, in sosua area? Can I find a little piece of land somewhere where I can keep on growing plants? Possible to rent a piece of land? Would someone let me use a piece of land and then share the vegs and fruits with me?

Here is santiago people let old campesinos and haitianos grow on their solares all the time. They only ask that you keep the land cleaned up around the edges and sometimes ask for some free fruit and veg. Maybe you can find a similar agreement in Sosua, ask around

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Those, "Campesinos", and "Haitians" usually live on the land, or close by.
They can keep watch on their "Bounty"!
Dominicans are like Racoons on "Sweet Corn", they know when it is ripe, and steal it the day before you go to harvest!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mainegal

May 22, 2012
Will your new apt have a patio area? Perhaps you could try growing your fruit and veggies in containers? I do container planters here in Maine and they do very well.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you're willing to come to Encuentro, I may have a great solution for you...we have a large, sunny, guarded, maintained garden with extra rows for planting...