Feds nab local doctor, nurse for removing criminals? prints in Boston

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
New York.- Federal agents in Boston on Wednesday arrested Dominican physician Danilo Montero Ramirez and his assistant Teresa Araujo Martinez, charged with removing the fingerprints of deported Dominican criminals who sneaked back to the U.S.

In a statement the Homeland Security Dept. said Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents said the doctor and his assistant were detained in the town of Peabody without incident.

It said Montero, 61, and Araujo, 40, were in possession of surgical instruments used to remove the prints from the fingers of criminals who paid US$4,500 for each surgical procedure.

"At the beginning of this month (November) ICE agents realized that Montero Ramirez, a doctor licensed in the Dominican Republic, came to the United States to meet with deported foreigners to conduct surgery in their hands and alter their fingerprints Convicted criminals alter their prints to try and hide their true identity," ICE said.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
It looks like DOMINICANS DO everything ILLEGAL for a LIVING? Wow
Frankly, i wonder if he is reallly a DOCtor OR A GANGSTER? What doctor would think they would come to the US to perform illegal stuffs and then think he would get away with them? He is a CON MAN!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Who knew it was illegal to remove your fingerprints?

I don't think it's more illegal than getting a face lift or nose job. Practicing medicine without a license is the best they got. If it's a wanted person however, aiding and abetting comes to mind.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Anyway, Mr. Doctor will be here for awhile, lose all the PROCEEDS, spend times in jail, deported after and will not be able to remove his own fingerprints himself. Good luck, doc! smart move

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
will not be able to remove his own fingerprints himself.

the medicine knows instances when people performed far more complicated medical procedures of themselves, from appendix removal to c-section and lived to tell the tale. fingerprint removal is a piece of cake in comparison, that can be done quite easily and cheaply albeit with considerable amount of pain. in fact it is so easy anyone can do it, right at home, without extra shopping involved, with items found in every household. 4,500 bucks seems like a steep charge for some local anesthetic.

as a fellow poster who likes to report news here on dr1 i always look at your threads with certain interest. but if i were to report crime related news from dr1 i'd have to give up my job, personal grooming and food intake.

Jan 9, 2004
I don't think it's more illegal than getting a face lift or nose job. Practicing medicine without a license is the best they got. If it's a wanted person however, aiding and abetting comes to mind.

...or if its an illegal, "conspiracy to conceal an illegal alien" has also been used as an additional charge.

Based on past sentences, one year in prison and then deportation...unless one of those whose fingerprints were altered commits/committed a capital offense...then it could be accessory before/after to _____________.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Wonder what he charges to "Remove" someone's "DNA"?????????
I bet the ignorant "Dominicanos" never thought about their "DNA Fingerprint"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
actually you can alter some of the DNA as a result of bone marrow transplant. not that most of the deportees would understand words: alter, DNA, bone marrow and transplant.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Wonder what he charges to "Remove" someone's "DNA"?????????
I bet the ignorant "Dominicanos" never thought about their "DNA Fingerprint"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

It's already confusing as most have the same father anyway.
Ok Ok a bad joke. ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Time For My, "Tried & True" here.
"What's the definition of "Mass Confusion" in the DR?????
"Father's Day"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
M?dico dominicano confiesa borr? huellas dactilares a 55 criminales en Massachusetts - DiarioLibre.com

the doctor claims to have helped 55 criminals. i am not even sure why would they want their fingerprints erased. all of them already entered USA illegally. just wear gloves when committing new crimes. much cheaper.

Because most of them are ex-drug felons that were deported after serving time in US prison and now have re-entered the country and if caught face long prison sentence in addition to being deported once again.