Esthetics in the Dominican

M

massei

I am wondering if anyone knows if esthetics is popular in puerto plata, if it is worth working in this feild down there? I know alot of dominicans get the acrylic nails done, even tourists, but for someone like me who has this professional background, is it worth to pursue down there? Or what would be better get a job on a resort and work in the shops or just open own business. I am open for many suggestions.

thanks massei

K

Kozy

LOOKIG FOR APARTA-HOTEL EL RUFUGIO

Does anyone know the address and/or phone # to this hotel? It is located in Santo Domingo--thanks very much Kozy

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

The chinese are the new power in nails in Santo Domingo. They own these small shops where you can only breath with a gas mask and do your nails in half an hour for just a few bucks. These places are always full of women. Plaza Central alone has about five of them. Women want to do their nails everywhere here, but you have to check around and research what the possibilities are where you want to establish your business.

M

massei

yes i know about these places in santo domingo and even santiago, but i am more inquiring about in puerto plata, because i have heard that some women have to travel if they want their nails done, sometimes this is time and extra money for them so they don't do it, all i'm asking is if it's worth it to get into down there.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

You answered your own question. If women have to travel far to get their nails done and you can provide the service there, why ask? Go ahead and set up shop, if you got the money to start the business and want to risk it. Nails are a girls best friend. Thats the first thing I check in a girl after I see her legs and engine parts.

M

Marc

They are a lot of nail places in Puerto Plata, and all are very cheap. Most are also pretty good at what they do.

My wife gets hers done for $150RD, and she loves the job they do. I think you're going to have to come down and check it out for yourself. You could end up with a good expat clientele, who knows...just remember that it is quite cheap down here to get nails done.

marc