Shooting in Zona Colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Police just shot young guy on Duarte and Mercedes who evidently was robbing someone.
His brains were all over the street
Another day !!!!!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
They actually hit him in the head? Must have been up close, maybe even within restraining distance. I presume this was a kid?

Are Park Duerte and Mercedes not opposite ends of the zona?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
My friend saw it happen. It was a guy who was about 20 years old, who was robbing from a bakery. The police hit him on the head with a gun which went off, bullet right through the head. Lots of blood all over the street. Happened on Duarte just up from the Palacio Hotel near the intersection with Las Mercedes. The police bundled the body into the back of a truck but there is evidently still a lot of blood on the street.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"His BRAINS Were All Over The Street"???????????????????
Those cops must have been expert marksmen!
Most Dominican Brains" are the size of a "PEA"!!!!!
Nice Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
"More Please"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think that by "all over the street" the OP meant "over the area a size of a 5 peso coin". only then it makes sense.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Sorry, but don't you think you're all being a bit sick here? This is a person who was desperate for food, a mother has just lost her son. Show some compassion please. I really can't stand why you bother to live here if you have such a negative opinion of Dominicans.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Sorry, but don't you think you're all being a bit sick here? This is a person who was desperate for food, a mother has just lost her son. Show some compassion please. I really can't stand why you bother to live here if you have such a negative opinion of Dominicans.

no. desperate for food does not equal to having a full right to cut your throat to get money for bread. i do not feel particularly sorry. most of those folks who commit crimes to make a living would not hesitate to kill you and your whole family.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012

A thief is a thief, Dominican or not, why should I have to work hard and pay for food that he feels he can thieve. Besides that one thing Dominicans are good for is never seeing a fellow dom hungry, he could have gone to any relative, colmados or neighbour and got a plate of food.
He stole because he wanted to, not through a life or death situation, that ironically turned out so anyway.
A mother lost a son? Shame she didn't feed and educate him, they have probably done him a favour if his life is that bad.

And as for leaving if I am no fan of Dominicans? Well, I don't have to like all the people live here. The reality if you took the Doms out of the republic it would be a much much better place to live and go about business and enjoying life.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

IDK

What did he do, steal a donut or jack the register? This sounds like more of an unfortunate accident than an extrajudicial killing. It's customary to beat petty thieves in public as a warning to others but pistol whipping a guy with a round in the chamber adds some credence to the "brain/pea" theory.

I think he got what he deserved! I have no sympathy for thieves, especially here they don't just steal things they are friggin violent!!

I get in fights with people back home who I say that too. They get all upset saying I have no heart but it is easy to say that living in safe comfy Vancouver!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I see where the OP is getting at though. Just picture it as this thief being your son and a cop
shooting him in the head and brain matter scattered all over the place just because he stole a
loaf of bread. It would have been better to apprehend the perp, he didn't kill anyone. Now
picture this same scenario in the states and a cop killing him, you would've
heard the people crying out about what an injustice over a loaf of bread. What's the difference?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I don't necessarily think steeling a pasty is worthy of being executed, but if you are going to play these games here in this country then people need to accept what can happen. I think it was obviously a mistake from the description, but everyone knows the PN are incompetent, a bit stupid and hopeless at doing there job. Doing illegal things here is not worth it. Even not illegal, I remember seeing a guy arrested just for being drunk and he took a right beating, I didn't think being drunk was illegal, but he was very fally downy drunk and being quite annoying and so. It. Ugh danger to anyone but himself. But here? Being ridiculously drunk is relatively normal to see. Anything and everything goes, but you can also land in trouble for anything and everything if they so wish. My biggest worry here, there need be no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I see where the OP is getting at though. Just picture it as this thief being your son and a cop
shooting him in the head and brain matter scattered all over the place just because he stole a
loaf of bread. It would have been better to apprehend the perp, he didn't kill anyone. Now
picture this same scenario in the states and a cop would have killed him, you would've
heard the people crying out about what an injustice over a loaf of bread. What's the difference?

I dunno, without a doubt there will be such drama at the station between the family and the PN, Doms aren't scared about confronting authority in numbers.
You must know that there are a load of people that hardly knew him creaming, crying and over reacting simply for the sakes of something to do.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
And as for leaving if I am no fan of Dominicans? Well, I don't have to like all the people live here. The reality if you took the Doms out of the republic it would be a much much better place to live and go about business and enjoying life.

Did you seriously just write this. The only problem with the Dominican Republic is that it's full of Dominicans?

That was the Apex of ignorance, even for DR1.

You know what would make the Dominican Republic a "better place to live and go about business and enjoying life"?

Running all the anti-Dominican Bigots off the island. I go there to get away from people like you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am sick and tired of people coming up with this BS about poor criminals who only walk the path of evil because of hunger. wtf? you really think they are justified? where is the limit? is it ok to steal a loaf of bread from the rico? how about from a fellow hungry dominicano? how about if you gently ta someone in the head to steal that bread? still ok? how about breaking someone's leg to steal bread? are we still good here? how about slashing their throat? well? i cannot hear you, speak louder, HOW ABOUT THAT?

and for crying out loud, this is SD. there are comedores economicos there. 10-15 pesos for a plate of food. take a damn sponge and clean someone's window, will you? wear some rags and sit on a corner with a cardboard saying "tengo hambre, ayudame por favor". just do not steal. you are putting in line more than you think.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
But that is not what happened here. He did not break a leg or slash anyone's throat over a loaf of
bread(let's isolate this)not generalize it. The punishment which is death does not fit the crime.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what can i say. he was simply unlucky. the police kills criminals here regularly. enter the business at your own risk. i do not think thieves should be shot but i do not cry over this. this guy knew the risks. committing a crime here is like swimming with sharks. you might get bitten. hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.