So, You are moving to the DR, eh?

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
A typical DR day, or two...
Had a cable box from the local version of Verizon(Delancer) that was returned. Didnt need three. Got the extra for pops til he left. Fine. Took it back - the local gal took my last bill - scratched off the box number and wrote ' Suspendida....what I noted later was the " Orden de Suspension" at the top of the page.

So, my accountant lady goes to pay our bills today - and BOOM. All the boxes and the account have been cancelled.Really?

So, I go today to pay up the cable part of the bill -and - there it is. Reconexion fee $200 rd.

So, I pay 200 rd to reconnect an account which I never disconnected - all for returning a cable box.

Is it worse than sitting all day at home in the US waiting for the Time Warner, Verizon, Comcast guy to show up? Nah.... Nothing 10 phone calls and three trips on the moto won't cure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
today i had a very scary experience. i woke up at 10.30 am and there was power. that lasted all day. i was starting to get spooked. i mean, what the hell? uninterrupted supply? was it a sign the end is near? the nightmare of crippling doubts and worries ended at 6.32 pm when power went off. i am relieved now. all is well. apocalypse has been cancelled. until kuntye and kreammeface kardASShian make new video, that is. i know that bound2 stretched the fabric of reality. one more note and it will crack. i mean, krack. and who knows what's out there.

today i had a very scary experience. i woke up at 10.30 am and there was power. that lasted all day. i was starting to get spooked. i mean, what the hell? uninterrupted supply? was it a sign the end is near? the nightmare of crippling doubts and worries ended at 6.32 pm when power went off. i am relieved now. all is well. apocalypse has been cancelled. until kuntye and kreammeface kardASShian make new video, that is. i know that bound2 stretched the fabric of reality. one more note and it will crack. i mean, krack. and who knows what's out there.

That is sooo funny!! When nothing breaks down or nothing strange happens for a week or so my wife and I get very nervous!!! We are like what the hell is going on and then sure enough a day or two later something DR happens :)

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
That is sooo funny!! When nothing breaks down or nothing strange happens for a week or so my wife and I get very nervous!!! We are like what the hell is going on and then sure enough a day or two later something DR happens :)

Wow you can go a whole week without something getting screwed up. Its a daily thing here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if i go for a week without anything breaking down then inevitably upon leaving home i will step into rotten noni fruit that fell from the tree next to the entrance. and that's worse than s**t.

Sep 4, 2012
A typical DR day, or two...
Had a cable box from the local version of Verizon(Delancer) that was returned. Didnt need three. Got the extra for pops til he left. Fine. Took it back - the local gal took my last bill - scratched off the box number and wrote ' Suspendida....what I noted later was the " Orden de Suspension" at the top of the page.

So, my accountant lady goes to pay our bills today - and BOOM. All the boxes and the account have been cancelled.Really?

So, I go today to pay up the cable part of the bill -and - there it is. Reconexion fee $200 rd.

So, I pay 200 rd to reconnect an account which I never disconnected - all for returning a cable box.

Is it worse than sitting all day at home in the US waiting for the Time Warner, Verizon, Comcast guy to show up? Nah.... Nothing 10 phone calls and three trips on the moto won't cure.

LOL.... so true!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Today a family member had a wisdom tooth pulled at the public hospital in Puerto Plata.
Local anesthesia, total cost $RD400 - $10....... and the person is still alive!:classic: