Santiago tools rental?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Does anyone know a place in Santiago to rent tools: power drills, saws, that sort of thing? Need to do some minor projects and it's easier to do them myself than deal with the local "contractors" i.e. wasted time, low quality problems.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I have been asking around because I am also interested and can't find a thing. Everyone says to just buy what I need. If you find something post it please.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Now that sounds like a business venture... They charge stupid prices for buying that stuff.

Great idea except for the crazy prices of some of these tools and what you have to charge rent to get a payback. That plus the fact that Dominicans seem to break anything they didn't buy themselves.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
LOL... A good idea, but I think impractical. I vaguely remember this being asked in the past. IIRC, the universal reply was that it would be impossible for a place like that to exist... for the reasons roger says, plus the fact that the tools would "get lost", or otherwise never make it back to the shop. In addition to the rental fee, you'd have to charge a cash deposit at least equal to the cost of the tool.