Looking for orthopaedic surgeon

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
I would like to consult with an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in back issues: herniated disc, degenerative disc disease and osteo-arthritis. Preferably on the north coast but anywhere is fine - I want to see the best possible doctor.
Any personal experience? any recommendation of someone with a great reputation?

Thank you!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Dr. Domino of Clinic Abreu has an excellent reputation. He operated on a friend of mine who had fallen from a second story landing and broken his pelvis.. at age 62--- along with ribs and other bones.. and when my friend got back to France, after months of recovery, they said that the work was absolutely top notch. Clinic Abreu is where the Peace Corps sends the US Volunteers... it is not the most modern of the hospitals but it is reputed to have the best doctors. Dr. Domino speaks French and English, I believe.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Domino speaks French and Spanish, He used to have an associate, that is now at Hospide on Teridenties. speaks english and spanish. don't remember the name but the Receptionist at Domino's can give you the correct name if you need an english speaking Dr.
They are both excellent!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Domino speaks French and Spanish, He used to have an associate, that is now at Hospide on Teridenties. speaks english and spanish. don't remember the name but the Receptionist at Domino's can give you the correct name if you need an english speaking Dr.
They are both excellent!

Dr. Dominino and his then associate did both a hip and knee replacement on my wife. Excellent doctors. Dominio is French but did some fairly good English. His associate spoke English and German.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Thank you for the good recommendation. French is my 1st language, English second and Spanish third. No problems with the 1st 2. Therefore I should not have any language issues. However, i am told that knee and hips are very different specialty from back surgery. But at least I have a name to start investigating. Thank you

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Thank you for the good recommendation. French is my 1st language, English second and Spanish third. No problems with the 1st 2. Therefore I should not have any language issues. However, i am told that knee and hips are very different specialty from back surgery. But at least I have a name to start investigating. Thank you

Orthopedic surgeons specialize in knee, hips, shoulders, arthritis, etc. But they also specialize in
spinal disorders. What you are looking for is a neurosurgeon who specializes in brain, nerves and
spinal cord disorders such as DDD, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, etc.