Super Pola Construction Project Stopped Temporarily

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Until Monday, November 18 large excavators worked hard to prepare the construction of a Super Pola (affiliated with the department store La Sirena) on a property in Sos?a.

The site is located at the highway Sos?a ? Cabarete, opposite the entrance to the apartment complex Trade Winds. On Monday, November 18th during test drilling engineers came to the conclusion that there are three large cavities or caves under the ground. Now talks take place between the various stakeholders about the financial consequences. For now they will have to reconsider the foundation of the department store as it has to be constructed different to give it sufficient strength.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Ouch! To the subject, plus windeguy's comment, lol.. What a shame that they hadn't looked a little bit closer to the geology of the area.. so now, are they going to explore the caves.. maybe put Santa's Grotto in the basement :)

dom

Jun 1, 2011
congratulations to the realtor

nice deal, he must have just forgotten to tell his clients about the filling of the land just 3 or 4 years ago, everyone knew it, everyone saw it, there was a huge canyon which was filled with caliche.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
really ?

nice deal, he must have just forgotten to tell his clients about the filling of the land just 3 or 4 years ago, everyone knew it, everyone saw it, there was a huge canyon which was filled with caliche.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If they were doing test drills on the 18th, maybe they hadn't closed on the land yet.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
The caves would make a good wine cellar.

If this is anything significant maybe even something family orientated for the tourists. Are these caverns interlinked caves, what is the scale of them? If they are significant enough they can be great attractions, specially if they hold stalactites and pot holing opportunities, tours etc. I've been to several where they make wonderful acoustics for music events and plays etc. would be nice for the area to have something else natural that can be promoted as family orientated.

Something tells me that if they are filled in, excavating them back would leave very little natural wonders to attract interest. Bulldozer and rip them to bits, maybe call for the A-Team?

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
They have to fill them. Then compact them. Then do more tests. The cost is huge. I hope not but I think the project is done.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Something tells me that if they are filled in, excavating them back would leave very little natural wonders to attract interest. Bulldozer and rip them to bits, maybe call for the A-Team?

Maybe it's the Lost Taino Gold Treasure Caves.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
What a ****en joke. The height of stupidity and lack of intelligence. I've never seen anything like this.

canned oj

Oct 24, 2013
The excavators are back to work to day, started around 8.00am. Between them and the roosters my days are starting early.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What a ****en joke. The height of stupidity and lack of intelligence. I've never seen anything like this.

Yes, you have, Just think about it. You have lived here long enough that I am sure you can come up with numerous other examples.