dominican banks will charge 1% to all international transactions

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Does that mean that for every 200US$ I spend on Amazon/eBay etc, I will actually pay an extra 2US$?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My only question is, if I purchase on Amazon, using a USA bank "CC" how can they get any money from that transaction???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Oh those wonderful banks, another way to take our hard earned cash *sigh*... off to go and check what I can buy on Black Friday and Cyber Monday :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I want that 60" LED TV from Walmart!!!
$799.00 I think????
I'll be ordering some "Stuff" online Monday, to be shipped to my sister's house in Boston.
I'll ship it here later.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Just take the TV carry on, see previous thread on subject.

$799.00 I think????
I'll be ordering some "Stuff" online Monday, to be shipped to my sister's house in Boston.
I'll ship it here later.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and yes, it is for internet transactions, we inquired with banco popular :(

Jan 9, 2004
$799.00 I think????
I'll ship it here later.

No you don't....this is THE TV deal you really want for Black Friday.

Walmart.com 2013 Black Friday Ads

Seriously though...Best Deals Online - Black Friday Deals and Cyber Monday Sales. the best deal aggregator out there, bar none.

As to your shipping method, I agree. Consolidate all your purchases and use a port to port shipper.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Ramjetspeed

Oct 17, 2013
My only question is, if I purchase on Amazon, using a USA bank "CC" how can they get any money from that transaction???
Surly this can only be on a Dominican bank or credit card, amazom and Paypal charge their own rates. The banks can only charge you if you use the cards at their branches

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
SANTO DOMINGO -. President of the Standing Committee of the Senate, Tommy Galan, warned the Superintendency of Banks charging 1% of users of credit cards and debit cards for international transactions "reflect signs that can lead certain level of unconstitutionality and illegality. " He argued that rather than a rate that is a tax, which is illegal, so do not rule out taking the case to the Constitutional Court. said that the "Constitution is Congress who must establish those imposed by law. " Gal?n said that the measure announced by the banks that issue the international plastics affect cardholders. has warned that the countless resources that would be obtained with the application of what he called "illegal tax" on 1% commission, but would not go to the state banks. "I do not think that would have been used and shielding mechanisms to compensate for bank profits," said the head of the Standing Committee of the Senate, who urged the Superintendency Banks to review the measure. A start to the week announced that banks charge a 1% fee for international purchases with cards from the first of December, encumbrance that has the approval of the Superintendency of Banks.

Comisi?n de Hacienda del Senado advierte cobro de 1% a tarjetas es ilegal - DiarioLibre.com