Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Echoli Poisoning - Where and When

So after a long drunk-in night on Pedro Clisante I headed up near Texaco in search of some 'fast food' --- First mistake and I should have known better but I was hungry and drunk. Some of you may be aware of a yellow truck called Tony's on the north/east corner there by Texaco. I ordered a hamburger and 3 bites in realized something wasn't right. Threw it out and headed back to the disco.

About an hour later I started to feel really sick and have been ever since. Pain from my head to my toe, most in my stomach, vomiting from every crevis of my body, fever, fatigue --- we are talking one whomping ass kicking case of echoli poisoning.

While I accept full responsibility from my stupid decision - I thought I would share so that no one else has to go through what I have the past few days. Not sure but others may also want to share about restaurants to watch out for...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

escherichia coli or e.coli as people like to call it does not cause symptoms you listed. normally it's just a bad case of s**ts, no fever. and the symptoms start within few days and not within one hour. i gather you did not get tested to determine the type of bacteria?

3. Likes Olly, grumpy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't take any anti-diarrheatic meds for 24 hours. Let your body clean out the toxins or it will just last longer. Do eat yogurt, orange juice and other foods high in electrolytes to help your body recover. Pedialyte is another option.

5. Likes curlando, Celt202 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    escherichia coli or e.coli as people like to call it does not cause symptoms you listed. normally it's just a bad case of s**ts, no fever. and the symptoms start within few days and not within one hour. i gather you did not get tested to determine the type of bacteria?
    No - just took a wild guess. Getting ready to go to the medico because I am completely dehydrated and cannot seem to keep anything in my body. I am certain though that the hamburger was the culprit.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Echoli symptoms posted on the Centre for Disease Control:
    - severe stomach cramps
    - watery or bloody diarrhea
    - vomiting
    - nausea
    - headache
    - little or no fever

Have had all for 4 days. On the fever topic - I assume I have one because it is hot as hell outside and I have been freezing. Assumed Echoli because it was beef that I ate and from a very unsanitary burger truck lol

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it could have been staphylococcal food poisoning. that's the one that develops within an hour, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. hopefully you will find out now. get plenty of fluids, i suggest pedialyte or electrolyte, available from pharmacies. you have to force yourself to drink as much as you can.

and i would not really think the burger was "beef". this beef most likely went woof or meow when it was still alive.

get better soon, girl.

9. Likes cjewell liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

it could have been staphylococcal food poisoning. that's the one that develops within an hour, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. hopefully you will find out now. get plenty of fluids, i suggest pedialyte or electrolyte, available from pharmacies. you have to force yourself to drink as much as you can.

and i would not really think the burger was "beef". this beef most likely went woof or meow when it was still alive.

get better soon, girl.
    Yes - I am going to get my sister to go to the pharmacy and try the pedialyte idea. I pray to god I did not eat a dog or cat... I think I am going to vomit again just thinking of that.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

just joking

ask for suero en polvo in the pharmacy, which is cheaper and works just as well. it is a powder to mix into one liter of clean water. not tasty, like all those drinks. but only costs 50 pesos and it very effective. i suggest you get few packets and drink at least one liter today, if not more.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad you didn't stick to your favorite resturant with the "Disgusting Old Ass White Men".

13. Likes Harleysrock, Criss Colon, RV429 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it was "Someone" you ate!!!!!!!!!
    You are a "DRUNK", THAT speaks VOLUMES about your other post!!!!!!!!!!
    Sad, I think drunk women are really SAD!
    "Bottoms UP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Don't be upset,I say THAT, to all the girls!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast