Echoli Poisoning - Where and When

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
So after a long drunk-in night on Pedro Clisante I headed up near Texaco in search of some 'fast food' --- First mistake and I should have known better but I was hungry and drunk. Some of you may be aware of a yellow truck called Tony's on the north/east corner there by Texaco. I ordered a hamburger and 3 bites in realized something wasn't right. Threw it out and headed back to the disco.

About an hour later I started to feel really sick and have been ever since. Pain from my head to my toe, most in my stomach, vomiting from every crevis of my body, fever, fatigue --- we are talking one whomping ass kicking case of echoli poisoning.

While I accept full responsibility from my stupid decision - I thought I would share so that no one else has to go through what I have the past few days. Not sure but others may also want to share about restaurants to watch out for...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
escherichia coli or e.coli as people like to call it does not cause symptoms you listed. normally it's just a bad case of s**ts, no fever. and the symptoms start within few days and not within one hour. i gather you did not get tested to determine the type of bacteria?

May 29, 2006
Don't take any anti-diarrheatic meds for 24 hours. Let your body clean out the toxins or it will just last longer. Do eat yogurt, orange juice and other foods high in electrolytes to help your body recover. Pedialyte is another option.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
escherichia coli or e.coli as people like to call it does not cause symptoms you listed. normally it's just a bad case of s**ts, no fever. and the symptoms start within few days and not within one hour. i gather you did not get tested to determine the type of bacteria?

No - just took a wild guess. Getting ready to go to the medico because I am completely dehydrated and cannot seem to keep anything in my body. I am certain though that the hamburger was the culprit.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004

Echoli symptoms posted on the Centre for Disease Control:
- severe stomach cramps
- watery or bloody diarrhea
- vomiting
- nausea
- headache
- little or no fever

Have had all for 4 days. On the fever topic - I assume I have one because it is hot as hell outside and I have been freezing. Assumed Echoli because it was beef that I ate and from a very unsanitary burger truck lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it could have been staphylococcal food poisoning. that's the one that develops within an hour, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. hopefully you will find out now. get plenty of fluids, i suggest pedialyte or electrolyte, available from pharmacies. you have to force yourself to drink as much as you can.

and i would not really think the burger was "beef". this beef most likely went woof or meow when it was still alive.

get better soon, girl.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
it could have been staphylococcal food poisoning. that's the one that develops within an hour, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. hopefully you will find out now. get plenty of fluids, i suggest pedialyte or electrolyte, available from pharmacies. you have to force yourself to drink as much as you can.

and i would not really think the burger was "beef". this beef most likely went woof or meow when it was still alive.

get better soon, girl.

Yes - I am going to get my sister to go to the pharmacy and try the pedialyte idea. I pray to god I did not eat a dog or cat... I think I am going to vomit again just thinking of that..... :tired:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just joking ;)

ask for suero en polvo in the pharmacy, which is cheaper and works just as well. it is a powder to mix into one liter of clean water. not tasty, like all those drinks. but only costs 50 pesos and it very effective. i suggest you get few packets and drink at least one liter today, if not more.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe it was "Someone" you ate!!!!!!!!!
You are a "DRUNK", THAT speaks VOLUMES about your other post!!!!!!!!!!
Sad, I think drunk women are really SAD!
"Bottoms UP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Don't be upset,I say THAT, to all the girls!

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Maybe it was "Someone" you ate!!!!!!!!!
You are a "DRUNK", THAT speaks VOLUMES about your other post!!!!!!!!!!
Sad, I think drunk women are really SAD!
"Bottoms UP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Don't be upset,I say THAT, to all the girls!

Oh get over yourself --- How dare I have some drinks during a night out on the town with my sister. Got strike me with a bolt of lightening!! Or maybe the food poisoning was charma... who knows

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Oh get over yourself --- How dare I have some drinks during a night out on the town with my sister. Got strike me with a bolt of lightening!! Or maybe the food poisoning was charma... who knows

You got to see all of us disgusting old ass white men in action if you were at the discos. That is ground zero for the guys you are talking about.

Feel better soon, nothing funny about that.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
You got to see all of us disgusting old ass white men in action if you were at the discos. That is ground zero for the guys you are talking about.

Feel better soon, nothing funny about that.

I think in the discos there are so many distractions that its there but less noticeable. The situation at breakfast was really brutal.

Thanks for the note on feeling better --- crossing my fingers and taking DV8's advise. Can only recall one other instance where I got this sick from food -- I have a photo of the yellow truck but cant share because it wont let me upload a photo to the site.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have a photo of the yellow truck but cant share because it wont let me upload a photo to the site.

Feel better, probably better to leave the truck photo alone, you live there, and Sosua is a small town.
BTW, I am not as old as those dirty old men, but I am sucio on occasion in private.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I think in the discos there are so many distractions that its there but less noticeable. The situation at breakfast was really brutal.

Thanks for the note on feeling better --- crossing my fingers and taking DV8's advise. Can only recall one other instance where I got this sick from food -- I have a photo of the yellow truck but cant share because it wont let me upload a photo to the site.

Oh, I know the truck...I eat there often but I have a nick name...ol' Ironbelly!! I find the food keeps me regular. LOL

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Feel better, probably better to leave the truck photo alone, you live there, and Sosua is a small town.
BTW, I am not as old as those dirty old men, but I am sucio on occasion in private.

Not living there FT currently/yet, just here for an extended visit - but good point on the photo. I wanted to go give the guy **** but one of my Dominican friends told me not to and better to just leave it alone. Im giving myself 1 more day before I hit the doctor....

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Oh, I know the truck...I eat there often but I have a nick name...ol' Ironbelly!! I find the food keeps me regular. LOL

LMFAO --- Really regular I am guessing HAHAHA... I don't think I ever want to be this regular again...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Not living there FT currently/yet, just here for an extended visit - but good point on the photo. I wanted to go give the guy **** but one of my Dominican friends told me not to and better to just leave it alone. Im giving myself 1 more day before I hit the doctor....

Go to CMC and get your poo and blood checked, stay hydrated, coco water is very good to rehydrate.
You may need an IV and/or antibiotics.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I'm so sure a stunning beauty such as your self will bounce back asap. There are no doubt dozens of handsome studs who will help you convalesce. Gods speed

Status
Not open for further replies.