Cancer Doctor in DR?

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a reputable cancer doctor in the DR?

Mi esposa has a tumor in her leg and she needs treatment.

I prefer the north coast but am willing to travel to south if necessary.

I don't care if the doctor is dominican or foreign but I would like someone with some experience and bedside manner who won't recommended cutting off her entire leg after at the first consultation.

That kind of crap scared her ****less!
And has done more damage to her than the tumor.

Please, is there anyone sane in this country?
Can she get decent treatment without the primary motivation of the doctor being money?

There has to be someone that can help.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Tumor in her leg? What do U exactly mean? I guess if that tumor was discovered, it was by a doctor, after scanner?

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Tumor in her leg? What do U exactly mean? I guess if that tumor was discovered, it was by a doctor, after scanner?

She has a tumor in her leg i.e. a growth about half the size of a plumb is protruding from her leg. Last year she had one in her chest and other leg. When she discovered another one was growing in her other leg the doctor basically said that he will have to cut it off.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Your best and closest scenario would be HOMS. Hospital Metropolitano in Santiago. They have reputable Oncologist's on staff.
If at all feasible a flight to Miami would be an even better bet.
Good luck

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you can afford it, leave the DR ASAP for consultation/treatment!
Or, find a USA Board Certified Oncologist on the island if you can.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would also check oncoserve in santiagio:
Oncoserv - Centro Oncol?gico del Norte, Bienvenidos

and i know it sounds harsh: maybe the doctor who spoke to your wife was too direct and too quick with his assessment but please do consider it is sometime better to hear the worst truth than a lie. i hope your wife will be able to see a capable doctor who will give her best advice regarding the treatment leading to full recovery.
i remember you wrote about this case before, some contaminants are to be blamed?

best of luck.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The oncologists at the Cancer Center at HOMS in Santiago are very good. I have received excellent feedback from persons who have consulted there and feel very comfortable... And they were coming from the Mayo Clinic, so they had something to compare the treatment to.

Good Luck,

HB

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Please check out the Center for Cancer at HOMS - I can tell you from personal experience that they are very knowledgeable and the treatment is with first world standards. If you have any ?'s please PM me....Good luck and don't wait too long to get things looked at....tom

I hope your Wife is ok! Unfortunately I feel as if my second home is HOMS in Santiago. They are great there, I would go there FAST and or the Hosp in SD...forget the name at the moment. Went to that Hosp 3 times from the NC for tumor stuff for the wife and got treated better than in Canada! 3 hours drive each way is worth it for something like this!!!!

I'm sending your wife healing vibes!