german man commits suicide and a canadian drowns

May 29, 2006
"So it goes."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Hell of a lot better way than dying comatose in a hospital and ringing up a huge bill. Hope he left a hefty tip for the maid..

I hear the preferred method in the US now is a plastic bag and tank of helium with a hose and rubber band. Quick and painless.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
At least he went out on his own terms even if he was pushed by cancer. My father died after spending 6 months in the hospital years ago and it was not pretty and he didn't have cancer. As for the drowning victim, that sucks go on vacation and not to go home.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i understand the man who killed himself. maybe he had no insurance, no significant income and no hope for any kind of successful treatment. few months ago our neighbour died from cancer (also german). his wife said it was very bad and painful. if you are here alone and with no one to look after you, no one to help, this must be hell...

the man who drowned. i understand he had a heart attack? sometimes it happens. he was also way too young to go like this.

AE, i picked up donp's legacy and keep people posted as much as i can. not to raise fear or anything. simply so that we know. sometimes it may be someone dr1ers knew, maybe they can reach to the family, participate in a funeral or just say few words here.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
R.I.P Gerd, you was a wonderful friend for the 18 years we know each other.
We will miss you.