Help! Trying to find some (car) doors!

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Hey guys i really need your help here. I have a 1970 chevy nova 4 door but the problem is one door (Rear passenger) is messed up from a car crash that happened a month ago. The doors are hard to find here and i don't wanna risk is sending it from the states.

So i'm here asking(begging) that if anybody knows where i can find that door ( rear and passenger door of a 1970 nova, i think any 3rd gen nova will fit. Also a Pontiac Ventura II might fit: years 71-72)

Really ANY lead will be BIG help, a number from a guy who might have it or an adress, Really would help. I really need that door. I would search for it myself but i do not know anybody in this country( i called some local shops but thats about it).

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Go to Villa Juana (calle Moca or any street nearby) in Santo Domingo and ask any guy in the street that you need that door and that you give him 500 pesos if he finds somebody who can sell it to you. Probably by the end of the day you'll have it, but if no result there you can order it from US.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Hey guys i really need your help here. I have a 1970 chevy nova 4 door but the problem is one door (Rear passenger) is messed up from a car crash that happened a month ago. The doors are hard to find here and i don't wanna risk is sending it from the states.

So i'm here asking(begging) that if anybody knows where i can find that door ( rear and passenger door of a 1970 nova, i think any 3rd gen nova will fit. Also a Pontiac Ventura II might fit: years 71-72)

Really ANY lead will be BIG help, a number from a guy who might have it or an adress, Really would help. I really need that door. I would search for it myself but i do not know anybody in this country( i called some local shops but thats about it).

I would be quite surprised if there was another1970 chevy 4 door in the country besides yours. There is a classic car club in the country though maybe they could help you. Maybe Puerto Rico ?

check with these guys https://www.facebook.com/pages/CAACR...88776037826197

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Having never seen a 70 Chevy Nova here I think you will be going to use a door to door importer. There is little risk in doing that if you find a reliable supplier in the US.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Go to Villa Juana (calle Moca or any street nearby) in Santo Domingo and ask any guy in the street that you need that door and that you give him 500 pesos if he finds somebody who can sell it to you. Probably by the end of the day you'll have it, but if no result there you can order it from US.

Could you just add a tad more detail to this?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Good luck finding one here in the DR, I have been here over 10 yrs and have driven to all parts of this island, and haven't seen a NO VA pre 1985, and only a couple of those.....best bet is do as windyguy says and door to door it......
Most Dominicans don't know what a NO VA is.........
LOL chevy made a mistake on the name Nova for the Spanish crowd......nice car though

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Having never seen a 70 Chevy Nova here I think you will be going to use a door to door importer. There is little risk in doing that if you find a reliable supplier in the US.
I still have some hope, remember those doors also worked on omega's venturas and apollos!
I would be quite surprised if there was another1970 chevy 4 door in the country besides yours. There is a classic car club in the country though maybe they could help you. Maybe Puerto Rico ?

check with these guys https://www.facebook.com/pages/CAACR...88776037826197
Well i asked them awhile ago

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
Good luck finding one here in the DR, I have been here over 10 yrs and have driven to all parts of this island, and haven't seen a NO VA pre 1985, and only a couple of those.....best bet is do as windyguy says and door to door it......
Most Dominicans don't know what a NO VA is.........
LOL chevy made a mistake on the name Nova for the Spanish crowd......nice car though
I found the car here, and a bunch of other classics up at la vega

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Could you just add a tad more detail to this?
This part of the city is a big junkyard. Guys who live and work there know where to find any used part. If they don't have it, they may ask somebody else, so if somebody has that door in Moca, La Vega or any other sh#thole, they will bring it to you. If they can't help you with this, just don't waste your time and buy it from US. I bought more than 600 pounds of parts from US when I was restoring something here, there's no risk at all.

Yoneiri Rosario

Apr 11, 2013
This part of the city is a big junkyard. Guys who live and work there know where to find any used part. If they don't have it, they may ask somebody else, so if somebody has that door in Moca, La Vega or any other sh#thole, they will bring it to you. If they can't help you with this, just don't waste your time and buy it from US. I bought more than 600 pounds of parts from US when I was restoring something here, there's no risk at all.

Could you tell me what site did you use and how? No site seems to sell the doors i need, Only for coupe ;v

Edit: Damn i just noticed, i can't go up to moca just for a chance for it being there, i need some numbers to call or something. Long trip to and back just to ask a question

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

They're going to find you a door of which they will convince you it's the same...

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Edit: Damn i just noticed, i can't go up to moca just for a chance for it being there, i need some numbers to call or something. Long trip to and back just to ask a question

I said the place you need is Villa Juana sector in Santo Domingo. If you have no idea where is it, calle Moca is in the center of it.

Aug 6, 2006
While Nova was not a great choice of name for a car, the Nova sold pretty well in Mexico despite the name. I note that the Hyundai Elantra is called just the Lantra in Spain, as un Antro is a place of vice and corruption in Spanish. Of course, a Nova in Spanish also means a bright star. Novas were certainly better than Vegas.

Matador was the most unfortunate choice of car name that I can think of in Spanish.

Daihatsu used to have a rather ugly wimpy little mini SUV they named the Naked. They b=never tried to sell it in the US, though. The idea was to sell it to young single guys, who would dress it up with a lot of available post purchase options. I have no idea how successful this was,

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
( rear and passenger door of a 1970 nova, i think any 3rd gen nova will fit. Also a Pontiac Ventura II might fit: years 71-72)
Maybe this one is what you need 1973 74 Chevy Nova RH Rear Door Skin | eBay

If this one is not exact fit, I think it still can be modified to fit your model year. The price is really cheap and the door is new. Just buy it using Aeropaq or Vimenpaq for delivery to DR.

P.s. this is the door skin, not the whole door, but you can use your old damaged door and this skin to build the new door

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Maybe this one is what you need 1973 74 Chevy Nova RH Rear Door Skin | eBay

If this one is not exact fit, I think it still can be modified to fit your model year. The price is really cheap and the door is new. Just buy it using Aeropaq or Vimenpaq for delivery to DR.

P.s. this is the door skin, not the whole door, but you can use your old damaged door and this skin to build the new door

2 problems here

1...this is a right side skin

2..if the frame is too badly damaged, it is going to be tough to get the skin to fit.

Jan 9, 2004

I do not know or am aware of any doors available in DR, but will check with a couple fellow collectors and get back to you.

Outside the DR, www.yearone.com may be helpful....as will e-bay, Hemmings, stevesnovasite.com.

A third generation door will fit with only slight modification.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2004

From a fellow collector who resides in the capital. There are at least 3 collector Nova's in Santo Domingo. All are restored two doors.

He is not aware of any parts cars....has seen shells in his travels....most recently in San Pedro but that was a two door. The Pontiac Ventura 71-72 would work...but he has not seen one.

In the alternative, he, and the others get parts shipped from the US. One of the sites he mentioned, in addition to the recommendations above is;

DOOR SHELLS - all - AUTOBODY SPECIALTIES INC.

You have not indicated if yours is a restored collector car or a driveable original. If it is the latter, then aftermarket parts sourced in the US would be the route to go.

Maybe someone has seen a 4 door Nova elsewhere, but the Nova guys in S.D. are not aware of any other 4 doors in the capitol or elsewhere.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2