Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is best bus from North Coast to Santo Domingo closest to the port

Hi

Considering a cruise out of Santo Domingo and am looking for information as to whether one bus line is better than another, what stop to get off at in Santo Domingo, which is closest to the cruise port.

Also, I expect we'll need a taxi to the port - what should that cost - any recommendations of taxi drivers?

Or any information you want to share if you'd done the cruise out of SD.

thanks and regards

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Caribe Tours stops closer to the Colonial Zone where the port is. Get off at the last stop and a taxi is about 250 pesos.

Matilda

3. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Where in the north coast are you departing from? It would be a help in defining the transportation options you may have.

Regards,

PJT

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for not being specific. Leaving from Sosua.

Thanks Mat.

Now if we were to go out of La Romana, what would that entail?

Just checking out options.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sosua to SD the Metro is a bit faster as it stops less but there are fewer departures. To La Romana you would need to take an additional bus from SD to LRM on a different bus line. Neither Metro or Caribe goes to LRM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info. I have taken both Metro and Caribe Tours from Sosua to SD. I'm looking for which is closest to the port and whether it's the last stop or what; and then we'd take a taxi to the port. we have plenty of time so it doesn't matter that Caribe takes a big longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Call Apollo Taxi. They will tell you how much the ride will be. Usually 150 within the area of center Santo Domingo.

I like Apolo Taxi because they tell you the number of the taxi and the color of the car. BEFORE you get in you ask the driver his number, and if it checks out with the color of the car, you are good to go. Apolo Taxi, 809 537 0000

As for Caribe Tour vs Metro? Take Metro, the taxi will cost the same from Caribe Tour and Metro buses are faster and nicer, IMO.

If you were in Santiago and looking to save money, I would say take AETNA...nice, not great, buses and good service but a lot cheaper than Metro.\\\

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

9. Likes arrugala liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks HB. Good advice. Appreciate it

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the taxi service speak ESPANOL solemente? Lol for those that are not fluent in Spanish ? Not that there are any like this in the DR!lol
    Last edited by arrugala; 11-29-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Drro I always take the metro on the Santo Domingo to Sosua just because less stops and usually more space on the bus because it costs a few extra pesos. Taxi should be 150-200 pesos at most from port to bus station on Winston Churchill. Wear a sweater it gets cold on the bus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast