A gift or it is coming back with me?

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
My parents are coming to visit me, and they are bringing a solar powered pool pump with them. They will be flying into Santiago. The pump fits in a checked bag, and it valued at $550. If customs stops them and checks the bag, should I have them say that it is a gift, or that they will be returning with it when they leave. Such as "we just bring it to our vacation house when we come, and bring it home when we go back"

Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They have heard all the "EXCUSES" in the book!
"Bring It"!!!!
Do what is necessary when they arrive.
A "TIP" never hurts!
CCCCCCCCCCCC
Let us know how it turns out!
My guess is , "No Problemo"!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Cool thanks. I will make sure they bring some grease money! Excited to have a pool!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Don't BE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you may have heard, a "POOL" is just a "Hole In The Ground( Today It May Be "Above Ground"!!) to throw your money in!!
My father always said, "Don't have a "POOL", Boat", or "Beach Front Property"!!!!!!
Just have friends that DO!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

What time is the pool party!!!
"Last One In Is a Rotten "HUEVO"!!!

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Yes pools are a pain in the ass... I dont understand why all "foreign" houses have a fuc... pool, especially when the sea is so close

Yes pools are a pain in the ass... I dont understand why all "foreign" houses have a fuc... pool, especially when the sea is so close

I said yest to a friend I don't know how people can live in the DR without a pool lol. I go in my pool a lot at night, if i went in the ocean at night i may get shot or drown with the hardcore undertow!
When i first was looking for houses one of the owners said oh ya it's easy to take care of a pool here, f*cking LIAR! It's been my biggest headache keeping it crystal clear!!
I tried a pool cleaner dude and he made it worse so I insist on doing it myself and don't trust them anyways with my pump and stuff since they seem to break everything!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would love a pool. not a fan of the beach and you cannot go swimming in the ocean nekkid without causing sensation. sadly, the pool is expensive to build and expansive to maintain. also, takes lots of space if you have a small yard.

anyways, to the OP: tell your parents to play idiots with the customs. i know it comes naturally to me. tell them to have 20 bucks each in their pockets so if a little propina is needed they can pretend to dig in, look for cash and pool (pun NOT intended but it stays) together.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Open Kimomo", by C. Moore Hare.
We best not get each other started!
Or should I say,."CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC More Hare"???????????