Where can I get Borax??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it should be available in the pharmacy as sal de borax. 5 pesos per small package. please pronouce as sal de bora.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
GRUGO, the same lab that makes sl de epsom and a variety of other stuff makes different sizes, actually. i only saw small ones in our pharmacy but it is possible what you had at home was purchased in wholesale quantities. in any case, with 5 pesos you can buy one and see if this is what you wanted. if yes, then maybe a pharmacy can order a bigger bag/box for you.

May 29, 2006
That's it. I'm going to import a container of BORAX and Epson Salts and sell it in 100 gram bags. That and a pallet of CLAMATO and a pallet of Maple Syrup and I should be set for life.

May 29, 2006
and nathan's hotdogs, man ;)

Not to mention real breakfast sausage like Jimmy Dean. That would be a reefer/freezer container(RISKY)

When I was in the Pacific Islands, I knew a Chinese guy who's only business was importing disposable diapers and sanitary pads a container at a time. I think he cleared over $100K a year and only worked a few days a month. Sanitary products of any kind have a huge mark-up.

May 29, 2006
I get Hoffman's here in Upstate NY. Natural casings and a family owned business. Nathan's(and Sabrett's) are way too salty and Hebrew National doesn't have the natural casings. You get what you pay for with hog dogs. The Schneider's look good, but I've never seen them.

Gift Packs

May 29, 2006
The wife keeps asking me to ask where can she get Borax on the NC?
She says she has looked everywhere and no one ever knows what she is talking about.
There was some in our house when we got here so I am assuming it is in the DR somewhere?!

What do you need it for? Laundry boosting? If so, you should be able to get Trisodium Phosphate(deck cleaner). Works great. I add some to my laundry, esp for whites.

How to Add Trisodium Phosphate to Laundry Detergent | eHow

What do you need it for? Laundry boosting? If so, you should be able to get Trisodium Phosphate(deck cleaner). Works great. I add some to my laundry, esp for whites.

How to Add Trisodium Phosphate to Laundry Detergent | eHow

I have no idea what she uses it for but she has a MAJOR hard on for the stuff! I should probably just tell her to buy some while she is in Canada?! I think she may use it for cleaning certain things, I don't think for clothes though. She is allergic to Bleach that is all i know. I try to stay out of her weird cleaning ways!

I was going to surprise her with some when she returned from Calgary, now that romantic surprise is down the tubes! :)

May 29, 2006
The def check into using a mix of Baking soda and Tri-phosphate. Works for many things that bleach would and not as caustic.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i actually did not like nathan's either but mentioned them because so many folks here go nuts over them. never tried those jimmy something breakfast sausage you speak of.

for washing towels i now use baking soda with washing powder and white vinegar for rinsing. not bad results although not as white as i'd like.

May 29, 2006
On the other side, I really miss this one mouth rinse from the DR, Guatepanal? Whitens and cleans your teeth like nothing else in the US and about $6 a bottle.