Roasted Pork for the Holidays

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I thought I would help my neighbor out.

He makes the best roasted pork on the island, and I have been to every part of this country.
He has an oven that can roast up to 20 at a time and does it with wood. He is always busy around Christmas and Semana Santa

So, if anyone wants a great roasted pig for the holidays, let me know via PM. I don't know what he charges, but let me know how many pounds you want and he can make it up for you.

disclaimer: I am not getting paid for this except maybe a couple of pieces of roasted pork......dam that stuff is the best of the best of the best

Hammerdown
ps he is in Gaspar Hernandez but its worth the drive

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Too bad I won't be there during the Christmas holiday this year.:disappoin Sounds good though.:)

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Sorry home made cooked out in the open on self cut wood always tastes better ( especially if u kill the beast ureself...... hehehe )

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Sorry home made cooked out in the open on self cut wood always tastes better ( especially if u kill the beast ureself...... hehehe )

I will have to disagree, I have had roasted pork every way possible, even cooked it myself with a few bottles of brugal, and this guys roasted pork kills all of them.....better than ones on the Autopista at the SF de M turn off too.
Roasting is ok, but this kills.......

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
After answering a couple of PM's I wanted to say that this guy will make any size of 'pig' you want, but he only charges for cooked weight, not the weight before roasting. You can purchase from 10lbs to as many lbs as you want.

Of course you won't get a full pig at 10lbs, but a portion of one that has been roasted. Hope this clarifies things.....

Oh yea, tried to get some for dinner on the weekend, but he was sold out.....

Aug 6, 2006
I love pig butt and I cannot deny it.

Lechon asado is one bit of Cuban food worthy of dying for. My mother's pork roast was also terrific as well, and she was born in Missouri.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
A smoking HOT lady you love is great with asado comida.
wtgk5k.jpg

Last edited:

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Mango Habanero Smoked and Grilled Chicken
Important Information
Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes including brining
Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Smoker Temp: 225 F
Grill Temp: Medium High
Meat Finish Temp: 175 F
Recommended Wood: Hickory
What You’ll Need
12-14 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks (skin on)
Jeff’s rub and sauce (purchase recipes here)
Large foil pan(s)
64 oz Mango juice (or juice mixture containing mango)
1/2 cup Kosher Salt
A little bit about brining
It amazed me how many folks still do not know about this wonderful thing called brining. Brining in it’s most basic form is simply soaking meat in a water/salt solution for x number of hours in order to make it more juicy and/or flavorful. i think THIS COULD BE A GOOD FIT TOO ! Yummy !

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I love pig butt and I cannot deny it.

Lechon asado is one bit of Cuban food worthy of dying for. My mother's pork roast was also terrific as well, and she was born in Missouri.

OMG yesssss. The best lechon I had was in Santiago, Cuba. It was cooked 'a la pua' over a wood flame. I was advised the difference in taste was because the pig was brought up eating real food (leftovers) from the family that raised it.

All I could say was wowwww. Absolute mouthwatering perfection!

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Mango Habanero Smoked and Grilled Chicken
Important Information
Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes including brining
Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Smoker Temp: 225 F
Grill Temp: Medium High
Meat Finish Temp: 175 F
Recommended Wood: Hickory
What You?ll Need
12-14 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks (skin on)
Jeff?s rub and sauce (purchase recipes here)
Large foil pan(s)
64 oz Mango juice (or juice mixture containing mango)
1/2 cup Kosher Salt
A little bit about brining
It amazed me how many folks still do not know about this wonderful thing called brining. Brining in it?s most basic form is simply soaking meat in a water/salt solution for x number of hours in order to make it more juicy and/or flavorful. i think THIS COULD BE A GOOD FIT TOO ! Yummy !

Arrugula, what are you thinking!!!!! Don't give away the info to the secret rub/sauce recipe!

Many folks in Miami consider me a BBQ king due to those recipes! lol

RGM

Jun 5, 2010
I'm not sure where Gaspar Hernandez is can you tell me...may want some for Christmas

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I'm not sure where Gaspar Hernandez is can you tell me...may want some for Christmas

Gaspar Hernandez is on the north coast east of Sosua......If you go east of Sosua, you would pass Cabarete, then Sabaneta de Yasika, then the next town is Gaspar Hernandez, before Rio San Juan......