online store that sells printed edition of magazines

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe americans can help me a bit here. i am looking to buy some female magazines like vogue or glamour. not a digital version, normal, printed, glossy paper version. in english. any ideas where i can get that? i looked at barnes and noble and it has some fancy shmancy digital version.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
All I know is that paper magazines are a dying breed. I only see them in dentist offices. Are you looking to have them for a waiting room setting, or are they for you to enjoy. If it's the latter, it's probably easier to get that type of content digitally.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not want digital. full stop.

i looked at amazon but i am confused. those magazines are not cheap but amazon deals are dead cheap. plus, i am put off by automatic renewal crap. there is no option to get a single item. i just cannot get my head around all this. in addition i read the reviews and people say then never got the paper version or got old issues.

all i want is, like, a newsagent. no? nothing?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ebay did not cross my mind. it looks a lot more promising, seems there are few sellers who offer individual issues of different magazines and even combine shipping charges. thanks, peterinbrat :)

May 29, 2006
Ebay has everything. Where else could I buy my shirts?? :)

2hf6qzc.jpg

::Just kidding btw. Rayon is a deal breaker::

$21??? Must come with a free barrel and cowboy hat.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hawaiian-Sh...pzlXXNfV5T9vMmPxkMffo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I remember, long ago, I got to buy a couple of magazines in English in Santiago. I think it was at El Encanto Store. Check out big stores and bookstores in Santiago.

And also, check out the websites for the magazines you're interested in. Some do have subscriptions to people who live outside of the United States, including the D.R. (to be delivered by regular mail).

Don?t forget ebay too!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i just want an occasional one off, not a subscription. years ago jose luis had american cosmo, then no more.
a fellow poster offered to bring me few magazines in her next visit. usually that quenches my desire to read magazines for a while :)
i will also check some ebay sellers.

great shirts, peter. i am a sucker for poor male fashion after years of watching james may on top gear :)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I've been thinking about this, and I remembered that when I was still visiting and staying in hotels, the hotel gift shops would carry magazines in various languages. It might be something to check.

Also, D, those links I posted included a "print only access" which was a year-long subscription to be mailed monthly. Not sure if you wanted a full year of the magazine though.

However, you can get what you want here, I am fairly sure:

myMAGstore.com - Order Magazines & Newspapers Online

Both Vogue and Glamour available, single issues available

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, profe, that site is great. 7.50 shipping is a scary thought, thou :(

May 29, 2006
great shirts, peter. i am a sucker for poor male fashion after years of watching james may on top gear :)

I've actually gotten about a half dozen nice Hawaiian shirts in the last few months. My favorites are reverse prints so that they are sewn with the pattern printed on the inside. Gives it a nice weathered look without it being faded. One thing that impresses me is they match the pocket to the background pattern. Reyn Spooner and Kahala are two of the brands I look out for:

14vpe0o.jpg

Buying them retail would be bonkers, at least on my budget:

Reyn Spooner - Classic Collection - Hawaiian Christmas

http://www.kahala.com/browse.cfm/shirts/2,5.html

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's insane how expensive they are new! miesposo got few crazy shirts from ma, she buys in the states. i just love their laid back feel of being unfashionable :)

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
DV8,
Playero has a number of fashion magazine in Spanish,English and German. The prices I imagine are almost as dear as the high fashion items featured.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In Santo Domingo there is a store that sells only magazines, also English ones if I recall well. It's in Plaza Naco, av. Tiradentes. Once I pass I'll take a look if they have the female magazines you're mentioning.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, guys. playero is within reach and miesposo goes to SD often so he could buy those for me. great responses :)