occupancy rate

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I have looked at a couple of gated communities in the sosua area ...the one I particularly like has said they have an occupancy rate of 75%...does anyone know if this is realistic or boosted to sell villas
I would be looking to rent out the villa when I am not using it
thanks for any advice

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you mentioned the name of the community, chances are that someone on DR1 lives there and can give you an answer.

May 29, 2006
When I was in a condo in Sosua, I remember the weekly rate for rentals was about the same as monthly rates. So if you can keep a place occupied for most of tourist season, you should be fine for the rest of the year.

That being said, it's good to find out why someone is selling a property and how it's being managed.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I expect you are talking about Hispaniola. They usually calculate and work on 50% occupancy but they do have a track record of 75%. Feel free to pm me if you want any more info.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
the community i was talking about is hispaniola ...i will be renting a villa there for a week in february when i take my next trip to d.r. ....to experience the gated community living and sosua in general...the rest of trip i will be based in santo domingo and travel around from there
thanks for the replies and help