Police plan for a quiet christmas

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Police plan eyes a Quiet Christmas until January 10

Santo Domingo.- The National Police on Monday launched the "Quiet Christmas 2013" plan to reassign around 10,300 agents to patrol the streets nationwide.

Police chief Manuel Castro said the plan, in effect until January 10, aims to increase public safety during the yearend holidays. He said it?s a joint effort with the Defense, Interior and Police, Public Health and Justice ministries, the National Drugs Control Agency (DNCD) and the country?s city councils.

"The National Emergency Commission together with first responders such as the Red Cross, Civil Defense and firefighters coordinate the effort with all our agents, to give the best of ourselves, to guarantee social peace and tranquility," Castro said.

He said the police patrols will remain "fixed and multiplied" in all sectors, barrios, plazas and shopping centers, as well as in passenger terminals, streets and highways to prevent crime and traffic accidents.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-plan-eyes-a-Quiet-Christmas-until-January-10

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
now we're talking. death, injured i understand, what does "o" stand for?
put me in for 26 deaths.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
o = other (injured in more than one drunken incident during xmas period) :bunny:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
total of all. government issues a boletin every year with a number of affected: dead and injured. they sum up all victims.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"All Of The ABOVE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
38 is Waaaaaaaaaay to high!
Besides, I don't believe the DR Government keeps an, "Official Score Card", for "La Navidad" period like they do for "Semana Santa"!
AND, I think it is just horrible that you "Sick Bastards" find humor in the deaths of "Innocent" Dominican Men,Women,children, and "Others"!
You make me want to "PUKE"!!!!!
I hope YOU are one of those who DIE!!!!
That said,....I'll go with
19 dead, 15,000 injured, and 28,000 "Others"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
AND, I think it is just horrible that you "Sick Bastards" find humor in the deaths of "Innocent" Dominican Men,Women,children, and "Others"!
You make me want to "PUKE"!!!!!
I hope YOU are one of those who DIE!!!!

what do you mean by that? Where do you find humor here?

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
Police plan eyes a Quiet Christmas until January 10

Santo Domingo.- The National Police on Monday launched the "Quiet Christmas 2013" plan to reassign around 10,300 agents to patrol the streets nationwide.

Police chief Manuel Castro said the plan, in effect until January 10, aims to increase public safety during the yearend holidays. He said it?s a joint effort with the Defense, Interior and Police, Public Health and Justice ministries, the National Drugs Control Agency (DNCD) and the country?s city councils.

"The National Emergency Commission together with first responders such as the Red Cross, Civil Defense and firefighters coordinate the effort with all our agents, to give the best of ourselves, to guarantee social peace and tranquility," Castro said.

He said the police patrols will remain "fixed and multiplied" in all sectors, barrios, plazas and shopping centers, as well as in passenger terminals, streets and highways to prevent crime and traffic accidents.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-plan-eyes-a-Quiet-Christmas-until-January-10

?The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Silent night anyone?

(Merengue style at full bore and carefully distorted, of course.)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Happily, I am able to find "Humor" in almost everything!!!!!
Sometimes, "Gallow's Humor" is "The Best"!!!
If you know what that means?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I thought "Vietnam" was really funny!

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I wonder whether they are also referring to noise. In the Colonial Zone the police have seriously clamped down on noise levels from the bars. I understand that they have also visited a lot of the bars recently and told them that if any of them make more than the legal maximum noise levels, they will be closed down until January, orders from the minister. It's actually unbelievably quiet at the moment, even at weekends. I realise this hasn't yet spread to everywhere else, but I think the police are finally getting the message that noise is a big issue and hopefully the term "quiet Christmas" is also going to mean reduced noise.