Tourist Entry Cards???

Laurie Thomas

Dec 2, 2013
I have tried to purchase a Tourist card online. Has anyone had any luck purchasing the cards online.
I have tried using 2 different credit cards companies with no luck. Credit card security officer stated they are not getting any response from Punta Cana site.
Thank you

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
it is so easy at the airport, they almost drang you into the line up where you have to pay.

and sign on the ceiling saying dominicans this way turiste this way...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Even if you have a tourist card they try and confuse you to get you to buy another one. They keep pushing you in that direction

RGLRM

Jun 25, 2013
Sometimes the site has a problem for a day or 2 but they have been pretty good about fixing it. If you are not leaving right away I would keep trying until the day I left. It is nice to know you have it when you land because it is one less thing to do and the lines in the tourist card and customs area can get pretty long. But like they said it is no big hassle to get it at the airport when you land.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
All airfares/airlines where i live include them... Canada rocks...
Call your airline and see if its in the price... Im talking direct flights.
From yyz to puj, it takes me 3 hours and 56 minutes...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
All airfares/airlines where i live include them... Canada rocks...
Call your airline and see if its in the price... Im talking direct flights.

Yes this is true. It is included in the price of the air ticket....wether you need one or not.....Im not ****ed about it as I always need one....just a fact

Laurie Thomas

Dec 2, 2013
Rglm:
Thank you all for your quick answers. The website is not working for the Tourists cards will continue to try. Anyone been online to purchase tourist cards.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just buy it @ the airport, it's really not the end of the world!

Luggage takes 15 minutes to start flowing out anyway, by the time you buy the card, your Samsonite will be waiting for you. Pretend you are on vacation, and nothing matters.

Last edited:

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
While we're on the topic of tourist cards . . .

This year we'll be in the DR for five weeks. It's never before been longer than four weeks for us. A couple of times on leaving the country, the passport guy has made an issue of four weeks as opposed to one month . . . we're usually February to March, same date so it's 28 days (or 29 in a leap year).

Is four weeks some magic number that if you exceed it you're liable for an extra impuesto?

I don't want to get taken to the cleaners by a sharpie in uniform as we leave. (Yes Virginia there are a few slightly bent people in the DR . . . or so I've heard.)

wbr

While we're on the topic of tourist cards . . .

This year we'll be in the DR for five weeks. It's never before been longer than four weeks for us. A couple of times on leaving the country, the passport guy has made an issue of four weeks as opposed to one month . . . we're usually February to March, same date so it's 28 days (or 29 in a leap year).

Is four weeks some magic number that if you exceed it you're liable for an extra impuesto?

I don't want to get taken to the cleaners by a sharpie in uniform as we leave. (Yes Virginia there are a few slightly bent people in the DR . . . or so I've heard.)

wbr

Your tourist Card lasts for 30 days so after that you will have to pay an overstay fee. It isn't a huge amount, I always forget the prices but i know it's 1000 pesos or less.

Last edited: