Latin fetish...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

explorer1

Jul 7, 2013
Interesting how, although not Latino, I tend to find the local Latin American community far more...accepting, for lack of a better word, of my presence than the community in which I was raised. Perhaps it has to do with my appearance, which is apparently "other".

In recent weeks, I have been told that I clearly have Native blood (I do) by a stranger. In another anecdotal incident, I was told that my appearance would allow me to "do ok" in said community. Anybody else get this, or am I just psychotically tired of all the "isms" in United States culture, and therefore losing my mind?

And yes, I realize I opened myself up for more than one verbal barb. So be it... it's Tuesday.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What, Where, are you talking about, when you say "Local" Latin American Community???
"Foreigners", here in the DR at least, are "accepted" here because the people here want your money.
When we think we are becoming, "Dominicanized" be careful.
Better to be Who you are, What you are, and Where you came from.
If I remember, you are an "AA"???????
Your color may be somewhat "Dominicano", but you aren't, and never will be.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

explorer1

Jul 7, 2013
What, Where, are you talking about, when you say "Local" Latin American Community???
"Foreigners", here in the DR at least, are "accepted" here because the people here want your money.
When we think we are becoming, "Dominicanized" be careful.
Better to be Who you are, What you are, and Where you came from.
If I remember, you are an "AA"???????
Your color may be somewhat "Dominicano", but you aren't, and never will be.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Remedial reading instruction is available... for a fee. :)

No, I am not in the DR.
No, I am not AA (assuming you mean African American).
I am well aware of who and what I am, and am quite satisfied with the same.
My color is NOT "dominicano" if there even is such a thing.
I have no wish to be Dominican, nor anything else I am not, except, perhaps, the lingerie dean of an all girls school in Brazil. But that is another topic altogether...

When we assume, you make an ass of your self. Just sayin'.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Anybody else get this, or am I just psychotically tired of all the "isms" in United States culture, and therefore losing my mind?

Quite possibly, what you are asking is difficult to understand. Were these people who told you that you would do well there dominican and are they in any way able to make money from you, need to borrow tools or have shown interest in your teenage daughter?
Were you told about your bloodlines by a Dominican, apparently I am Colombian, often Italian, but there is no way I can come from England, you know that place in the United States of New York. And so I tend to listen very vacantly to anything I am told by strangers here.

Or have I misunderstood your OP, and I am sure I have.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not even know what "latin" look is. dominicans are latinos ad they come in many shades. normally when i see "latin" i think telenovelas but if you take the actors, wash heavy make up off their mugs and put them in second hand H&M outfit they'd look like any of my neighbours in london.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Interesting how, although not Latino, I tend to find the local Latin American community far more...accepting, for lack of a better word, of my presence than the community in which I was raised. Perhaps it has to do with my appearance, which is apparently "other".

In recent weeks, I have been told that I clearly have Native blood (I do) by a stranger. In another anecdotal incident, I was told that my appearance would allow me to "do ok" in said community. Anybody else get this, or am I just psychotically tired of all the "isms" in United States culture, and therefore losing my mind?

And yes, I realize I opened myself up for more than one verbal barb. So be it... it's Tuesday.

So WTF does this have to do with the DR anyway?????????? or am I missing something??????????????..............

Status
Not open for further replies.