Find out your traffic fines

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Great link, it does work. I have one for vitros tintados or obscuros. Could u believe. 1000 pesos.
Should of paid the 300 pesos he wanted k stead of telling him to bite me......
But I never was advised about the fine. Now all we need is for amet guys to all have pcs or tablets to check u up when they stop u ( that will be the day )

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks maurico for the link, any idea if it exists for polocia national?? ( a bit of u finished buisness with that lot too )

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Unless you actually make it to court then I doubt anyone has a record with PN, PN can just about tie shoe laces yet alone make records of arrests.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Been to court, just wasnt very clear what the verdict was. My lawyer paid the judge, I paid the lawyer, hey pronto ure all free.
Just wondering what traces they have in archives or such.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
How can you not be clear on the verdict if you've been to court and paid your dues?

It doesn't appear to be computerised, but then I always wondered if that was the case how could they restrict people leaving the country, do they actually stop people from leaving or just say they will. They don't keep the passport, just copy it and so I'm doubtful about the entire system here. Unless you're wanted and are a major criminal I'm not we exist on any system as such.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Because as we all went in for hearing, other party, lawyers and me ( from preventiva may I add ), my lawyer ( who is a friend ) said deal is concluded. Other party started to expose their case, judge said jajajajaja. Thanks for coming, everyone out. Sorry for the molesta. And that was that. So not very clear .

By the way I was right, they were wrong but it being the dr it was the easiest way out so.........

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Oh god, no need to tell me that. I started proceedings against a Dominican, I thought I'll walk this. Somehow they didn't even bother to turn up at the first date, the second they somehow got free representation from the duty lawyers of the courthouse who obviously know all the judges there. The whole thing was turned on its head and on me withing 10 seconds of proceedings. Meanwhile I'm let wishing I'd not bothered but now they won't drop it. These are the things that make me angry that I even made an effort to be legal, get residency and so on, as it seems to serve me ABSOLUTELY no benefit what so ever. No body gets anywhere here trying to do the right thing, above board, legal etc. to survive here you need to cross to the dark side and start acting shady.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I got pulled over once by the AMET. I spoke broken spanish and gave my US passport. I wondered if they had a way to track that as I threw the multa out the window :devious:

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It's strange, my partner drives without insurance on her car (she had an accident once and the company wouldn't pay out so now she refuses) I was in with her on Gomez not so long ago and she got pulled, she gave her the amet officer her cedula and matricula. The Amet officer wandered off for a moment then came back with a ticket and we drove off, my partner throwing the ticket in the glovebox with a pile of others. So is it computerised? No, or they would have seen she has a gazillion others, but what was she checking back there? Who knows.
I always feel like I'm breaking the law here no matter what I'm doing, it's a natural reaction as I purposely avoid uniforms of any sort, mainly because I have nothing good to say about them, and have never had a good experience with anyone in a uniform here. I must have one of those faces that invites interest in who I am. No I'm not Colombian, no I'm not Italian, sometimes they ask me if I'm Spanish and I ponder 'really, do I sound like I am a Spaniard with this accent you dumbass womble', really!

Anyway, have you noticed the double up of PN on the streets today, I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like there was more of everything, jeeps, bikes, street wombles, everything, I don't think I was out of eyesight of PN for longer than 2 seconds. They were everywhere, it is beginning to resemble a war zone in Santo Domingo.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Oh My >>>>>> Americans rule the world right?

Listen guys on things like "traffic offences" and different police departments in the DR, read DR1

& you guys from the US read what happened in the DR about 70-80 years ago, when the US tried to take over the DR. Then maybe you will understand why so many Dominicans HATE Americans. In fact so many of my American friends that have lived in the DR for many years always tell others they are from Canada - Geddit?

Learn about this country and how things work

Good luck :speechles

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I'm British, and that might as well be Martian to those here.

I really see little point in keeping up with laws and changes as I've had my fair fill of scenarios and never come a cross a law that is upheld. It's not just Dominicans that hate Americans, so does the rest of the world apparently, but they still love to follow them and look to them for some form of leadership on how they should be living, thinking, doing.

Really, as far as laws and the system goes, I've had my fill, it's a lottery, a minefield and has absolutely no solid structure to it at all, hence it's monumental failure on every possible level in every possible department.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
@Malko, How do you know that you lawyer actually paid the judge? How can you not know the verdict? Why didn?t you ask your lawyer what the outcome was at the end of the hearing?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
So assuming you do show up as having something owing, where do you go to find out what you owe - clear the tickets in Santo Domingo??? Thanks
Depends on the infraction. Mine was for obstruction of public way (turned at a yellow light, which turned red before I made it to the other side, all motorcycles from the opposite way started driving, leaving me stuck in the middle, with three Amet friends on the intersection).

I can just go to Banreservas with the fine and pay it, next day to Amet office (San Martin / V centenario) to show I paid and they'll remove it. If it's for using your phone you need to go to Amet first. Get an authorization to pay, then to Banreservas and next day back to Amet to have your file cleared.

I never used to bother to pay a fine but since last month they will refuse services at Procuraderia if you have open fines. Meaning you won't get your certification of good conduct when you need it for your residence.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
@ aguita29, I m sure the judge and my lawyer shared the 12 000 pesos or so ( something like that ), especially since she represented me for free, cos she is a friend says she.
My lawyer and the judge told me everything was squared, no problem. Was just wondering if there was a site like that amet thing that could show ure pending fines or condamnation. It was a couple of years ago so I guess the judge just cancelled everything, but this being dr and all, confirmation would make me feel better, that is all.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Is there a statute of limitations? If so I will go with the 7 year plan of payment.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
@ aguita29, I m sure the judge and my lawyer shared the 12 000 pesos or so ( something like that ), especially since she represented me for free, cos she is a friend says she.
My lawyer and the judge told me everything was squared, no problem. Was just wondering if there was a site like that amet thing that could show ure pending fines or condamnation. It was a couple of years ago so I guess the judge just cancelled everything, but this being dr and all, confirmation would make me feel better, that is all.

Did you actually see a judge or was it a prosecutor? How do you know what he/she said if you don?t understand Spanish and you said yourself that you didn?t know what the outcome was?

Yeah, this is the DR, but don?t take it for granted that it?s true when someone says they can buy any judge or that the judge is their friend.

I know a court messenger who was fired because he used to approach troubled people around the court (easy targets) and tell them they could buy the judge for like 5,000 pesos. When the people he approached won, of course they were happy, but if you didn?t get the result you wanted, what you gonna do? complain at Pro-consumidor?
This one couple paid him and when they lost they spread the news that they had been ripped off. So, when your lawyer says he can bribe the judge, maybe your case was just not as complicated and he?s confident he can walk away with it with a smile and a even fatter wallet!

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
After paying fine at Ban Reservas, do you have to go to AMET to get it cleared ?

With this link you can find out if you have any registered traffic fines with Amet.

It works, I have one open of 1000 pesos.

Consulta de Contravenciones de AMET

Hello,

Apparently, to some AMET it is now illegal to pull over to the side of the road and stop your vehicle.

The other day I stopped in front of Jumbo on the Luperon in Santo Domingo. I dropped someone off and was waiting for them to return. I was sitting in my car, engine running, pulled all the way over and was not blocking traffic. A pair of aggressive lady AMET officers came over and said I could not be there. I said no problem, and mentioned that there we no signs saying anything about no stopping. She gave me a RD1000 ticket for Bad Parking. In my opinion I was not parked ... I view parking as leaving your vehicle. Anyways I figured pay the fine rather than waste more time and money and energy fighting the brain dead idiots.

Question: After paying fine at Ban Reservas, do you still have to go to AMET to get it cleared off their system? That used to be the case. They were just too stupid to have the Ban Reservas payment connected to the system so that it showed the trumped up "offence" as paid ...

Anyone know if this still the case?

Thanks

Last edited:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Damn I must be living in a time warp, have lived and worked here for almost 20 years, and have yet to come across a Dominican that I would say HATES Americans, or almost any other Nationality for that matter. Dislike some people but to say Hates a nationality that's a stretch. Most Dominicans don't really HATE anyone.