Official holidays?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
What days do you have to offer off to employees without paying overtime? Is it simply, Xmas day and Boxing Day, New Year's Day?
25th, 26th, 1st?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
The best answer I can give you is to read read read and use the search button, it really is not a question of ;

What days do you have to offer off to employees without paying overtime

DR is quite clear on the law of employees (Ley) + depending on long they have worked for you one must pay them a "pago extraordinaire"- (not sure if my Spanish spelling is correct on that one, hopefully Chip is around to correct that), but it means that every Christmas you must pay those people that have worked for you throughout the year (not sub-contractors), a bonus

One thing I am sure about Smart, do not believe anything your employees tell you or how nice they are! Even though you may trust them and think they are "your friends" - they are NOT

Also please read the advice from others that may reply to this thread, but PLEASE go to a lawyer like Guido per Domo or Fabio Guzman (as recommended on DR1), and ensure that every person you employ, even casual, or a domestic help, signs a legal contract with you.

If you choose to ignore my advice, you will learn the hard way. The Ministry of Labour (Trabajo), will screw you, and over the years, I have known some kind people that have even lost either their homes, or vehicles

Protect yourself!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Holidays.- Officially if somebody works in a Holiday the price per hour is double of the regular price. Thie next Holidays are Dec. 25th, January 1st. January 6th, January 21th, and January 26.

Chrismast Bonus.

You have to Add, all salaries paid during whole Fiscal Year, and divided by 12, the result of this is what you have to pay to the worker, this is in the case that the workers are paid by hrs. If the worker get the same monthly salary whole year no matter how many hrs work every month the christmas bonus will be 1 extra month of payment.

The law says that the limit day to pay the chrismast bonus is Dec. 20th.

Vacations.

After 05 month you get 06 days of vacations
After 06 month you get 07 days of vacations
After 07 month you get 08 days of vacations
After 08 month you get 09 days of vacations
After 09 month you get 10 days of vacations
After 10 month you get 11 days of vacations
After 11 month you get 12 days of vacations
after 12 months you get 14 days of vacations

After 5 years you get 21 days of vacations.