Why You Should Use A Masked Credit Card To Shop Online

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Is this a Dominican Based company? Sounds like a database of info containing a bunch of people with money to blow.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I use virtual account numbers, a feature provided by my card company. They are one use account numbers set at the amount of the transaction I want to pay for and expire in 2 months if not used. That way my real credit card number is not on file at various locations.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
I use virtual account numbers, a feature provided by my card company. They are one use account numbers set at the amount of the transaction I want to pay for and expire in 2 months if not used. That way my real credit card number is not on file at various locations.

Thanks for the info. I have not heard of virtual account numbers. I'm gonna contact my card co about it. IS this a typical Visa / MC feature?

May 29, 2006
You can also get a greeddot gift card. They're free right now and you can load them with your regular card.

Anything I get on EBay I use Paypal. Otherwise the only two sites I buy online are Amazon and ThinkGeek.

May 29, 2006
Fee's and monthly charges kill this deal.

Yeah I don't use them long term, but for travel and online, they are handy. I used one for an expense account for a contractor job I did last summer to buy materials from Home Depot and other stores. Right now the fees aren't bad because they want to sell them as gift cards.