Animal shelter pop

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hello,

I came across a baby kitten of about 2 weeks old in the rain today on my way back from Jose Luis. Does POP have any Animal Shelters? I would love to keep her but no way....Have 2 small dogs which one just had a few pups, have birds, so its enough!!! This kitten looks very nice, white with black markings and blue eyes, was hungry, so thats about it, looks very healthy otherwise...I'm still working on a CAM, should have it setup tomorrow at some point should any one want a kitten, will post a vid/pics.....

Please provide number for a shelter if you know of one in the POP area (Puerto Plata, Los Reyes area) but will travel is necessary. I'm not concerned with a shelter putting her down since she is only 2 weeks old and very cute, should go quickly..

Thanks!

Ant

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Casa de DV8? But I think leaving street cats in decent condition on the street is best for everyone. Let nature take its course. I know people don't consider street cats n dogs as being wild, but they are and the fittest and cleverest will survive. The world does not have room for all. Look at the human race, we keep housing criminals that should be destroyed, helping those that will not help themselves on social payments.
I now leave street animal where they belong unless they are injured, suffering of in direct danger of suffering badly.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Smart,

This kitten is 2 weeks old, was stuck in the rain on a busy street...I even took a good 20 minutes looking for its Mother or siblings, natta...Believe me, I didn't want to take her to my home, but I would have hated to travel that street, which is often, only to find her dead from a car or dog attack...Quite a few stray dogs around here, so her chances at life were slim and I would have felt very guilty...I also believe things like this happen for a reason, so I went with my gut and here we are..Do you know any shelters by me??

Thanks

Ant

Casa de DV8? But I think leaving street cats in decent condition on the street is best for everyone. Let nature take its course. I know people don't consider street cats n dogs as being wild, but they are and the fittest and cleverest will survive. The world does not have room for all. Look at the human race, we keep housing criminals that should be destroyed, helping those that will not help themselves on social payments.
I now leave street animal where they belong unless they are injured, suffering of in direct danger of suffering badly.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot take any more cats right now. 2 weeks old kitten? blind, milk sucking? you can feed it on some home made formula or just normal human formula for now. at 5 weeks it will be good to go. i adopted a street cat earlier this year, posted her story here and found a loving home for her kittens. as long as this one can be on its own you may find takers here. most folks would not know how to care for a kitty this small but can accept a bigger kitten.

good luck. i know it is difficult to ignore stuff like that. this is why i have all the cats i have. but one more and i'll get one way ticket to poland this xmas.

you can maybe reach AAAS: Animal Rescue | Dog Adoptions Dominican Republic | Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.
or amigos de cuarto patas: https://www.facebook.com/Amigos4patasdr

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
LOL...I don't want that either feel like a hoarder..plus one of my dogs, Bonkie has been going after her, so between having Rocca in one room with her pups, my other room which has been dedicated to my birds anyways (Birdroom) can't keep her..Right now she is good to go, eating & drinking on her own, can run so so..LOL, but falls on her face, cute....She's about 6 inches long without including her tail, maybe 12 oz or so if lucky, but that's from lack of food although she does look good...

Is there any shelters here 8?? I also have nothing setup for her, so I really don't want to be picking up her poop...and you know cats, only thing I don't like about them, very sneaky when it comes to going to the bathroom unless a box is setup, then they get the hang of it quickly..I don't even have a box at this time, but I will get one tomorrow just to confine her over nights..

Ant

i cannot take any more cats right now. 2 weeks old kitten? blind, milk sucking? you can feed it on some home made formula or just normal human formula for now. at 5 weeks it will be good to go. i adopted a street cat earlier this year, posted her story here and found a loving home for her kittens. as long as this one can be on its own you may find takers here. most folks would not know how to care for a kitty this small but can accept a bigger kitten.

good luck. i know it is difficult to ignore stuff like that. this is why i have all the cats i have. but one more and i'll get one way ticket to poland this xmas.

you can maybe reach AAAS: Animal Rescue | Dog Adoptions Dominican Republic | Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.
or amigos de cuarto patas: https://www.facebook.com/Amigos4patasdr

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
LOL...I don't want that either feel like a hoarder..plus one of my dogs, Bonkie has been going after her, so between having Rocca in one room with her pups, my other room which has been dedicated to my birds anyways (Birdroom) can't keep her..Right now she is good to go, eating & drinking on her own, can run so so..LOL, but falls on her face, cute....She's about 6 inches long without including her tail, maybe 12 oz or so if lucky, but that's from lack of food although she does look good...

Is there any shelters here 8?? I also have nothing setup for her, so I really don't want to be picking up her poop...and you know cats, only thing I don't like about them, very sneaky when it comes to going to the bathroom unless a box is setup, then they get the hang of it quickly..I don't even have a box at this time, but I will get one tomorrow just to confine her over nights..

Ant

If she is eating and drinking and running she is more like 5 weeks as opposed to two

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
exactly. she eats and drinks on her own then she must be 4-5 weeks. and maybe even a he.

as far as a cat box, just use newspapers. put her/him on it after the food, few times. place it in a corner of a room (best is always bathroom) and you are done. she will know where to go. if you can take a picture and post it here. and start another thread in a living section that you have a kitten to give away who is fine and big enough to eat/drink by itself.

good luck.

oh, and no shelter in POP.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Wow, no shelters??? I can't keep her, crap!.. If she is any older than 2 weeks then she is a runt, very tiny and also her behavior is in that range, But I do have a correction, her markings are grey, sorry, I have some of those yellow energy savings bulbs, markings look black..I'm still feeling like crap, so I didn't pay her to much attention yet..here's some food & water, your paper, fridge is here, beer is in the back...;)...And I keep calling it a her, but have not checked yet to be honest. I switched myself over to Doxy, so I am feeling better, need to get that CAM tomorrow for sure!!

Thanks again

Ant

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Let your birds go free is the solution. Never understood people who love birds yet wish to imprison them, stinks. It's like taking a dog and cutting its legs off for your own person enjoyment, just to see them frustrated as fuk because you need to hear a tweet now and again. Stupid, sorry, but I hate birds in cages, well, their owners are stupidly unaware of how silly and ironic their obsession is. Give it up, open the cage and let them fly, if only into a car windscreen, they will have done one thing that is natural in their sorry existence!

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Maybe you can use it to help the other nut job find a pet rat. No wonder why the locals think we are all rich, spoiled and out of our minds. They cant find food and we look for wild animals to feed while they are starving.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks HR..and smart! you feel okay??? If your referring to my birds which has nothing to do with anything here, your wrong...My birds are very happy, they know nothing more from what they see since they were all breed from within...They also live quite well, in flight cages, get the name??? FLIGHT!! means they have enough room to fly about...and they all get out time, free food, water, entertainment, hell, like a tourist in the DR on the beach in my view, would trade lives in a heartbeat! LOL...

Also, if you know birds, they will chirp when happy, not a peep when sad...guess...sounds like the Australia in prime time singing hey mate!!...ah, where they come from..overall, i feel the same way, reason why I have created a bird room for them...they are at the Holiday in while I am their servant, yea man, what an awful life they have..:)

As for this kitten and the 3 puppies, I should be getting my friend's phone later today so I can post some shots of them...I actually want to down size my birds, so I will post all pets which are free on one thread....Kitten is doing great! on his butt for house breaking, so he should be great by the time somebody takes him and of course there is always an adjustment period for those accidents, oops..

Puppies are only 1 week tomorrow, eyes/ears still closed, will see when they will be ready once they open and get aclimeated with a few things.,.But hey, if you know how to tube feed take one..LOL..Talk about bonding!! One of my Rotti's back in the day mauled one pup, was able to save it, but had to tube feed him, name was Leo..hey! great name for a Rott...turned out to be one of my best...

Anyways, hopefully will get all of this done shortly! or its off to another store for that Cam since La Serina don't carry them, go figure that one..Jose Luis neither, but there is a Computer store her in POP close to the Metro Bus, I can grab one...

Catch ya later..thanks!

Ant

If my 2 dogs wouldn't kill her i would take her while the wife is gone!! (I am not allowed to get anymore pets jajaja)

I'm sure you will find someone to take the kitty, don't give up!!!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
We look for wild animals??? No dude, you have it way off course...I'm an animal lover, not a hoarder either, but find it very hard to turn my back on innocent creatures of God that has been put there by the real animals called people! I for one do go hungry at times just to make sure my guys have food..Only way I get by is having credit at a local Corner Market Store, all crap food, but its something..Don't blame the good hearted people, blame the Government here of this so called God forsaken hole in the wall Country for NOT helping its people, start there or ask Obozo for a few billion bucks, I'm sure he will be glad to throw more US debt around as if its his money...Oh, it is, keep forgetting...

Maybe you can use it to help the other nut job find a pet rat. No wonder why the locals think we are all rich, spoiled and out of our minds. They cant find food and we look for wild animals to feed while they are starving.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Not many wild animals in the dr ( a4 least in my part ), birds get eaten. My wife has trapped some "paloma" in the conuco (!!!). Great taste but small sharp bones.