A gross story

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
This is what happened to me last night...

Since a few days we noticed we had some animal, probably a mouse, eating batata in the night. We have neighbors in the back that throw their trash in the garden and leave it there, because 'if they throw it in front of the house it will block the drainage and flood the whole street'. Have thought about calling 'medio ambiente' or 'salud publica' to have it cleaned, but to avoid enemies in the back, I never did. Anyway...we suspect the pests are coming from there.

Last night we celebrated a Dutch children party, Sinterklaas, our five year old was a little scared that the horse of Sinterklaas would come into the house, so my wife joined her in her bed and fell asleep there. Myself I fell asleep still dressed and my contacts in. I wake up around 3 am. Notice I left the door that closes the first floor open and I close it, take of my contacts and clothes and go to bed.

Half an hour later....sound asleep, I abruptly wake up from something nibbling my chest, or to make it worse, my nipple. I slap 'it', whatever it was away and feel 'something' running of my body and the bed and hear it leave the room. I thought about the mouse right away and couldn't help giving a scream of disgust. Thinking more clearly I realized it was probably a cockroach (still very disgusting), however I check the room and the hallway. Go to my wife, still in our daughter's bed, tell her what I think happened. We laugh about it and I tell her it's possible I actually dreamed it.

We go back to bed, just to be sure I am putting a shirt on and cover myself with the blanket. After half an hour I hear noises. I look out of the window, nothing in the backyard. Want to walk over to the children's rooms to check there, and when I come through the hall way I hear a noise below the couch that's there. Too much noise to be a cockroach. I close the doors of the bedrooms of the children and the bathroom, go back to our room and get fully dressed, and put my contacts in.....

My wife decided to sit on a chair with her feet up. I look below the couch...........DISGUSTING.....I see a TAIL!!

I go downstairs, get a broom, with the broom in one hand and a shoe in the other I go back upstairs, move the couch and there it comes running...a big disgusting RAT! My wife hides in the bedroom of the children. I try to hit the rat, only result is that I break the broomstick. I go down get another broom. The rat is hiding under the tv stand, then below my desk, and back under the couch again. I break the second broomstick. The rat runs to the other side of the hall way. I lift the couch up and place it vertical, resting on one armrest. The rat comes running again, trying to hide under the couch and screams when it notices there is no place to hide. I have half a broomstick and hit it on the head, and again, and again. Finally it's knock out, I hit it again and piece of rat meat falls next to the now dead rat. I shoved it in an empty pizza box and brought it outside.

The watchman is hardly awake (now it's probably 4.30). One of our neighbors has a soldier protecting their house, he is awake and did hear me hitting with the broom stick and asked, what did you have, a mouse? I tell them the story and they think it's very funny. Went back to the house, tell my wife we should move back to Holland and then I took a long shower...!

th_676194c012d5dd6b3190501fc8fb0d70_zpseeb9676c.jpg

The little piece next to its head came out of him with the last blow.....I told you it was a gross story...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
You could have caught it alive, one of the other members is looking for a pet rat. Could have killed two birds with one stone.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Will think about that next time......I can't imagine who would want a rat as a pet though...a mouse I can slightly imagine, but a rat?!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
get a cat. one member has a kitten to give away.

rat nibbling on your nipple or a cat sleeping on your face in the middle of the night. 6 of one half dozen of the other. all the same to me

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the laugh Mauricio. Usually Frank makes my weekend but I don't think he can top that one. (I beleive it but it's still hilarious.) ROTFLMAO

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
..I can't imagine who would want a rat as a pet though...a mouse I can slightly imagine, but a rat?!

When my three boys were small we got them two large white lab rats to play with. Icky and Tricky were highly trainable and had the run of the house. They also were great lap rats and liked to snuggle in bed with you when it was cold.

Wharf rats on the other hand . . .

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Thats probably not the only rat you got....get a cat they usually are a rat repellant if they dont catch them, or one of those big mouse traps...

ps
just the thought of a rat on my bed grosses me out!

good story though!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Dogs are good for killing rats too.... ( and scaring off rotten neighbours)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't see issues with cats. lovely animals.

xauesn.jpg

and friendly with dogs too!

15fg6sw.jpg

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
A friend had cats, then his wife told him to get rid of them and about a week later he had rats in his house.....He got 2 different cats and the rat problem disappeared....so yea get a cat

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
A friend had cats, then his wife told him to get rid of them and about a week later he had rats in his house.....He got 2 different cats and the rat problem disappeared....so yea get a cat
And get rid of the wife. :)