Canadian Beaten in a Bar

donP

Dec 14, 2008
A Canadian tourist (46) denounced that he was beaten in a local bar when two Haitians got into a fight, in which he was not taking part.
Allegedly police arrested him and a friend and only released him after he had fetched money from an ATM and paid the police.

TURISTA CANADIENSE AGREDIDO EN BAR DE SOSUA DENUNCIA HABER SIDO EXTORSIONADO POR MIEMBROS DE LA POLIC?A EN SOSUA Y OBLIGADO A PAGAR DINERO.

According to
Agreden Turista en D'latin drink
the police took the injured man to a "health centre"...

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
It is Christmas time, let the games begin, sad to say. Instead of unless new laws here is the root of the problems.

drescape24

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
A Canadian in a bar, drinking....I find that hard to believe???? Canada they always want to mediate .

LtSteve

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What bar was he drinking in with Haitians? If that's the true story.

drescape24

it happened in D'Latin Drink, apparently. this guy probably thought that the brothers from Camden and Philly were Haitians. so how did he get so messed up if he was not a part of the rumble?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
it happened in D'Latin Drink, apparently. this guy probably thought that the brothers from Camden and Philly were Haitians. so how did he get so messed up if he was not a part of the rumble?

There is more to this story. What about being shot? If shots were fired in D Latins could you imagine the stampede! Holy cow! He is saying the police beat him up, and the fight was between the Haitians.

drescape24

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There is more to this story. What about being shot? If shots were fired in D Latins could you imagine the stampede! Holy cow! He is saying the police beat him up, and the fight was between the Haitians.

drescape24

There are more holes in this story than a wedge of Jarlsberg.
According to the article, Lorenzo, the Tourist Minister is involved.
I would love to hear his comments.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

drescape24

nothing adds up. nothing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
donP, welcome back. i saw this in detras de rumor couple of days ago but did not seem worthy reporting. a drunk canadian gets into a fight, utterly unbelievable scenario...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
donP, welcome back. i saw this in detras de rumor couple of days ago but did not seem worthy reporting. a drunk canadian gets into a fight, utterly unbelievable scenario...

looks like a sneak attack judging from the area of damage.

May 29, 2006
Aside from Trannies, I've never heard of Haitian men being in Dominican tourist bars. Have times changed?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

The last time a Cdn got into fight ----

it ended by being a hockey game

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
yes; maybe like while getting a 100 peso BJ in a dark alley, after having been set up.

Why do I have a feeling this is part of your daily regimen.....

Or as one might say.....

Right up your ALLEY!!!!!

I'm not judging, I always make it to the room though.....